Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Singing For Odysseus







*




who among us is not in danger?




yet we cling to life, thinking we'll be spared.




*




it's entirely normal...






but not very sensible.






*



the samurai believed that only the intentional refusal to value your own life gave life any value at all. or not that you didn't value it, but you knew that it had value and you were going to spend it. On something good. If you tried to keep it, you got nothing in the end.





you gotta put your money down.



*

battening down the hatches here for the woman's imminent departure for points East.


I should get used to it when she leaves, but I never have yet.



*


While she's gone I'm going to try some restorative yoga practice every day. Add it to my pistol work and my morning calisthenics. The woman's been reading this book, yoga for emotional balance,  by Bo Forbes.

I snuck a look at it.


It made a lot of sense to me. Not that I need emotional balance or anything. Or a yoga practice. Or a mindfulness practice.

Shooting, running, pushups and pullups. Hitting things.

That's enough, right?


*



I like to stack everything on one side of the see-saw.



*




Slowly by slowly, as the Monk says.


Slowly by slowly.


*


Of course, the other thing the monk says is, "Okay! Pee-pee time!"



So, make up your own mind about that.



*



Namaste.



***






5 Comments:

Blogger deirdre said...

I like your balance. Shooting and hitting things, then making art. Cooking. Wondering about stuff, if you got it right. I think you got it right.

love, d

4:21 PM  
Blogger Petit fleur said...

Love the photo... My mom used to do my hair EXACTLY like that every day till I was about that age. Weird.

I hope it's a short trip.

"Okay! Pee pee time!"? What am I missing?

5:46 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm all for the yoga.

Slowly by slowly

Though.

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know why exactly but i'm sort of laughing.

also, pee-pee time? omg.

hahahaha!!!

3:41 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home