Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bedtime Stories



*






What better for a freak than to be loved?






There is naught.





*




Lucky, blessed beyond all measure, strong in hand and heart and back, I yet fuss and mewl. Wanting to understand friendship, I shy from it and what it asks of me. Obsessed with fighting and shooting, loss and violence and rage and fear, I pretend that the other thing does not exist, or isn't important. Openness, gladness of heart, compassion, trust and warmth. Instead I add another layer of pointy sticks to my armor, search out a stouter staff, batten down the hatches and pace the floors.




Yet she still takes me close to her and reads me a story and soothes my savage soul, as if I did not offend.


*






She is the sea to my stone.






*



In all my life I am most proud of having won her to me.



***


Namaste.



***

11 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

beautiful.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this ongoing love story you live.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You are blessed.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

She loves you man. That is proof of something.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Petit fleur said...

Is that an octopus on her lap?! My eyes are really bad.

Great post, as always.

peace,

8:57 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

thanks, ladies.

i am a lucky man, no doubt of it.


and PF, yes, that is an octopus. It would be weird if she had a squid on her lap, but an octopus....that seemed fitting, right?

yrs-

tearful

7:13 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

scott,

this is a very strange image, stranger than most of your art, and that is saying something, and yet it is so powerfully tender, too, so moving the way she folds him in. something about this, the insides outside, makes me think of frida kahlo, which makes me think about the endurance of pain, but in this piece, it's his pain that is being endured, lessened by her willingness to share in it, serenely.

you are a lucky and blessed man, dear scott, but she doesn't love you for no reason. she loves you because you are you, with a great big love inside you that waters her own.

my love to you both,
angella

9:26 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

oh bog this made me gasp. i love you. i been quiet lately. just quiet is all.

all my heart to you and yoli.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Petit fleur said...

Oh yes, Octopi only! No squids please... that would be gauche.

3:06 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

well goddamn, you all.

i am a lucky son of a bitch, i'll tell you whut.


woot.


tearful

4:32 PM  
Blogger deirdre said...

That is quite something that piece of art, he with his medals of honor on his naked chest, that belly, the squid in her lap, you say octopus?, the look on his face, the size of him, her pointy shoes, it is very strange, engaging, remarkable.

You are the only one I know who could live your life. What a something else you are.

love, d

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home