Monday, September 05, 2011

Fleeing the Robots



*

We took the Sweet Lime out for the weekend. Mostly to escape Pinedorado, but also to visit diRosa up in Napa.





That place squoze my heart.





Made me see stars.



I stopped breathing.



*



If there is anything better than seeing that kind of art in that kind of place with the woman you love more than life itself, I don't know what it could be.


It was one of those made you feel like you could die happy, just for having been there.


*


I will die happy, for that is my aim.


***



Namaste.




***

7 Comments:

Blogger LKD said...

"I will die happy, for that is my aim."

My brother wanted to die peacefully, without fear, without pain. I think that's how he died today.

I hope you don't mind all those time that I called you brother in his absence. He was a lot like you. You would've liked him.

Brother, I lost my brother today. I am bereft. But he died the way he wanted to die. And really, that's all any of us can ask for.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

What a cool gallery -- I hadn't heard of diRosa and thank you for the heads-up.

I'm glad you're happy.

10:01 AM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Laurel-

I am so sorry. I'm sure I would have liked him.

What a loss for you.


yrs-


Scott

10:21 AM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Elizabeth-

You're in LA, right? It's totally worth the drive. I didn't think much of Napa itself, but the diRosa was astounding and so much damn fun.

yrs-

Scott

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Nathanial Hoodrich said...

Dig the art, big man.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Petit fleur said...

it's a good aim to have. I'd like to die happy also... and live happy as well.

I'm working on that second one first.
Peace,
pf

9:16 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I need a museum day, real soon.
Thanks for sharing your adventures, discoveries and awesome photos with us.

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home