Monday, July 04, 2011

Leaving The Garden




*





Sometimes suffering looks like prayer.




*






Back from a few days in the desert with my little brother. 

Yay, shooting!



We have a good time out there. Shoot all day, sometimes late into the night. Learn a lot, teach a lot, push each other, work hard, laugh and take it easy together. When it's just the two of us we talk a lot about family, how we came up together, what we think it means to be a good man.

It all comes down to love.



And the path of the warrior.



They're intertwined.



Now my brother is a much, much more serious warrior than I. Where I dabble and play in fits and starts, he puts his head down and plows ahead, ever deeper, ever stronger and more capable. For every hour I've spent in the gym he's spend a month. For every hour in the ring I've got he's got a hundred or more. He has more heart and grit and determination in his little finger than I've got in my entire soul.

He both inspires and rebukes me with his example.


I love him without condition. And pity those who would cross him.


*


Since my return I've been working with the Woman on The Verge on the trailer. Painting painting. Installing trim. New flooring. New table. 

It looks freaking awesome.

She did a bang-up job on the mad stenciling. Detail and drudgery and madness all while contorted and smashed into a shoebox with odd angles and hard corners.

That lady. Tenacious as a pit bull and gifted as aphrodite.


Do I love her bad?


Fuckin' eggs, bacon.



*




Here's a peek at what we done:






*


That enough color for you?




It's like a goddamn magic carpet ride in there!




*



Still a ton of stuff to do, but she's coming together. Can't wait to take her out again.



Hope you have a happy fourth!



***


Namaste.




***


9 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

That's awesome. I've gotten a bit obsessed with the tiny house movement and even posted about it on my blog today. Your little one looks like an old-time gypsy caravan. I love it.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Sometimes suffering looks like prayer.

Yes.

Sometimes what you write here cracks me right over the head in the very best of ways.

love,
Rebecca


ps. I could live in that little beauty.

9:55 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

sometimes suffering is prayer.

i am learning this even though i really don't want to.

i love you and i love your yolie.

and that colorful cabin looks like sweet escape. i think i'll rest my head there.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Suffering may look like prayer but I don't think it's noble. It must be done but if I believed in god, it would not be one who wanted anyone to suffer in my name. Crock of shit.
Sorry.
If I believed in god (and hell, I might, I don't know) it would be one who wanted Her/His People to use the brightest colors they could find to make themselves happy.
Amen.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Beautiful caravan!

7:04 PM  
Blogger LKD said...

Sometimes prayer looks (and feels) like suffering.

Good day, sunshine.

11:04 AM  
Blogger deirdre said...

Wow your trailer is amazing!

Ours is stenciled too, in mosquito blood, HAHAHAHA.

love, D

7:29 AM  
Blogger deirdre said...

ps

my new home

http://valley-21k.blogspot.com/

8:48 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

You had me at the map table. Love the colors. Love your posts.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home