Sunday, December 05, 2010

Behind Enemy Lines






*


Last night I made caccio e pepe. Grown up mac and cheese. Spaghetti with romano cheese and ground pepper and a little bit of cream. Half a baguette to make croutons for the caesar salad, the other half in the  oven and then slathered with butter. Some brussels sprouts halved and roasted with garlic and lemon. A bottle of Opolo Zinfindel to go with.


Ruck me funning.


Simple ingredients, messed with as little a possible. Heaven on a plate.


*



I better make something a little better for us tonight. I mean better for us. Not better, for us.



Like that could even happen, Napoleon.




*



The world is full of incredible and amazing people.



Why am I so quick to judge and dismiss nearly everyone I encounter? Why am I so impatient with them all?



I carry my hell around with me.




*





All I need to do is put it down.






*







Yet I refuse.








*



At least I eat good.




***



Namaste, ya sons of bitches.



***

10 Comments:

Blogger Elisabeth said...

Delectable dinner as I eat my breakfast of yoghurt. Food at least can sometimes help to keep hell at bay.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Bless those girls, running down the dark road in the dark.
They make their own light and throw their hands into the air
With the joy of that.

2:43 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Elisabeth-

Food is best at keeping hell at bay.

If you can't have sex.


Both is really, really good.

3:40 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Ms. Moon-


Of course, its all about the hands.


That's the heart of this image, to me.


yrs-



Scott

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm always glad i come here.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Jaye Ramsey Sutter said...

Your question has become my mantra, my prayer--why can't I notice the good around me? Why do I judge and condemn nearly everyone I encounter? Why do I, on the other hand, get diverted and excited about something bound to disappoint? It is after I see it clearly a disappointment wrapped in seductive packaging that only disappoints on closer examination. But the damage is done, the energy spent and the risk to ruin the good in my life gambled?

I too carry my hell in a packed suitcase with me. I should sit still and understand that the work and the love right in front of me is the remedy for the roads of hell I have traveled.

Peace to you. Keep writing. You force me to take a good look in a good way.

The word verification is "dumflea."

4:22 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

I knew the girls would escape.

This is the story they tell me here. The light at their back is not from oncoming danger, but from something celestial, protecting them. That's a dark world ahead, but their arms are wide open. There's something brooding and unresolved here, though. Things won't be easy at all.

Still, the girls have each other.

Scott, in my mind's eye I can see your art pieces arranged on gallery walls. I can picture which images would be together, amplifying one another. Have you ever considered showing your work in the 3D world?

Not that its necessary at all. I just wondered.

7:09 AM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Dottie-

I'm always glad when you come here, too!

Yay!

1:04 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Jaye Ramsey Sutter-

It's so fucking easy to see what makes us unhappy. To react to our fears and anxieties and let them blot out everything else.

But even the most terrible thing exists in an endless field of other things. some of which are good and beautiful and amazing.

trying to see those things and not get blinded by the bad shit- that's a good coping mechanism.


Keep on fighting.

1:06 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Angella-

It is a deep pleasure to me to see these girls through your eyes.


It's like discovering them all over again.


Thank you.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home