Monday, November 29, 2010

Blind Girl's Ride






*


Back to work. Couple of my buddies got in a scrape last night. It got loud, if you catch my drift.


I can still have beers with them tonight, so it turned out alright.


*


Yesterday I made homemade raviolis with butternut squash, goat cheese, and sage in a brown butter pecan sauce for dinner.



I don't care what I ever make again.



*









I got a deep, abiding sense of sadness and sweetness right now. Every time there's one of these things it is like a tuning fork trembling far down inside of me, singing a razor's song.

I like those boys and I'm glad they come out of it good.



Fuck everybody else.







*





Shit. I thought I had something to say, but I don't.




***



Namaste.



***

6 Comments:

Blogger 37paddington said...

You said plenty. That tuning fork singing a razor's song? Sad and sweet for sure. I never thought about that sound, that feeling before, but now that you've named it, I know exactly what you mean. Well, maybe not exactly. Maybe just my version of it. But I am glad you can have beers with your buddies tonight, even trembling inside.

And OMG that squash-goat cheese-sage ravioli in brown butter pecan sauce, well i might just have to steal that. it's inspired.

About the girls, I hope I'm not overstepping, but I think sometimes you are searching for a moment with your daughter in their faces. in their postures and in their invented stories. some sadness there. and tenderness for them too.

Good night, my friend.

6:50 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Angella-


You made me cry.


goddamnit.



you are sweet and insightful and I'm glad you are my friend.


How did I get so damn lucky?



yrs-


tearful

6:53 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You did have something to say, and you said it fine.

And I loved your comment over at Ms. Moon's.

You two sustain me, sometimes.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Petit fleur said...

Yea, you said it...

Glad it all turned out ok with your friends.

Would love that ravioli recipe. It sounds divine.

Take care,
pf

5:39 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Sometimes I have nothing to say at all when you write because your writing and your art blow the sense out of me.
Today I am not going to fuck it up by saying something stupid. I'm just going to say that you blow the sense right out of me.
Okay. And this:
You are the knife and you are the meat laying waiting on the table.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

Angella gave me the chills with her observation.

Your art makes me think of my sister and I. It is hard and true.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home