Monday, November 22, 2010

Sitting with ghosts




*



I like that movie Badlands.


"Kit was the most trigger happy person I'd ever met." Holly Sargis

"I got it all planned, and, uh, I'm taking Holly off with me." Kit Carruthers 




That movie undoes me ever time I look at it.







I want the world to be written by Cormac McCarthy and shot by Terrence Malick.




Hell, I guess it is.




*




Sometimes I think I'm crazy and other times I think I'm just self-indulgent and if I'd buck up I'd be fine.




It's just my wires is all.





They tangled.




*









I'm glad for your company here, I truly am.








*




Namaste.




***

9 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Oh, Dishwasher.
It's not about the bucking up. You've proven you are far more capable of that than anyone could believe.
Chemicals. Wires tangled. Messages received on the wind that got mixed in the transmission.
Whatever.
Breathe in, breathe out. Step forward, step back. Sit down. Close your eyes. Open them.
sssh, sssh, sssh

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your art up there? their eyes look really familiar. probably i imagine.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

You have an eye for the beautiful tangled up with the tragic, Dishwasher and it's always breathtaking. Ah those ghosts. Thanks.

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in Knoxville (Cormac was raised here) and this town sure was written by him, or was it that the town wrote him? Dunno. And yes, you're crazy. We all are. I wouldn't want you (the little I've seen of you) to grow sane anytime soon.

5:15 AM  
Blogger deirdre said...

If you want my honest opinion, I'd rather see the world written by you.

Filmed by anyone you please.

And give your beautiful women, wife and daughter, the lead roles.

I'd pay money to see that.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Petit fleur said...

Just here.
pf

4:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from one with crossed wires to another: you show yourself to be a remarkable man, and I love your ability to embrace the whole messy magnificence of Life. It inspires me daily. And I can feel the price of that magnificence in your pain. And I feel your joy as well. Namaste!

10:36 AM  
Anonymous nursemyra said...

I liked that film a lot too

12:38 AM  
Blogger kupitedom.com said...

...както все уж очень мрачно.!
http://kupitedom.com

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home