Sunday, January 30, 2011

just pull this thread as I walk away



*

It is raining.

The woman on the verge is packing up. She's got a one-way ticket on the next flight outta here.

She's gotta go take care of her momma.


*


She is the best human I know.



*



I been sick a week now, coming out the other side of it just as the woman on the verge is going down hard. And now she's got to endure that whole joyful airline experience while she's sick as a dog. And then when she lands she's on the clock taking care of mom.

All I gotta do is lay around in my own mess, missing her.



*


It don't seem fair, cuz it ain't.


*



I think we have watched twenty-seven episodes of Battlestar Gallactica in the last three days.



We ain't no damn good.


*



The wild woman of boreno yet remains in her gilded cage. She passed her six months a couple of days ago. We are damn proud of her.


And the tiny, crushed bird in our hearts that once was hope yet stirs, flapping its crippled wings and bleating, turning in circles, somehow still stubbornly alive.


You don't get to choose what happens. You just get a say in how you carry on about it.



*


It is a sweet kind of sadness to sit in a quiet house while the rain falls all around it and your woman packs her bags and she's leaving, but she's not leaving you.



*

Godspeed, woman.


***



Namaste.



***

18 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Damn, you turn literally everything you live into art. That's a beautiful thing.

Get well, be well.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

made me cry, scott.

12:15 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

your woman is a good woman. i hope she feels better soon. she knows you will be waiting, holding the end of that thread.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Petit fleur said...

Safe travels to the Woman on the
Virge. I am sick as can be myself and cannot IMAGINE travelling like this, much less taking care of another person.

Bless both of your hearts, and the Wild one's heart. Hope she is home soon too.
Peace.

2:57 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

I am knocked on my ass by everything you write

namaste

5:17 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I hold my face in my hands and I seep tears. I need to go wash the dishes.

6:36 PM  
Blogger susan t. landry said...

i love this new illustration. i have been missing your artworks, and 'the ties that bind' are of continual, obsessive fascination.
thank you. cheers... and better health ahead for both you and the woman on the verge.
--susan

6:56 AM  
Blogger deirdre said...

wow. you filled me up with some crazy emotions just now, all mixed up together the hard and the easy and that thread that is being pulled on both ends, beautiful.
really really.

godspeed to you both.

xoxo

1:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful post indeed
Thank you
Namaste

4:03 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Elizabeth-

That's what art and life are for, right?

Thank you.

5:23 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

dottie bones-

i make myself cry, too.

5:28 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Angella-

thanks. i don't know how I got so lucky, but I did, so I'm keeping her!

5:30 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

PF-

Thanks.

5:30 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Michelle-

That makes me really happy. I don't know you, I know, but I got a suspicion you are not easy to knock over.

I wish you all good things.


yrs-


tearful

5:32 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Ms. Moon-

You probably cry enough to fill the sink every day. And I know you laugh even more than that.

Bless you, always.

5:33 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

susan-

thank you.

5:33 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

21k-

It's so good to hear from you. I owe you some comments. I've been reading, but I'm hesitant to say anything, although I know you would like to hear from me. My bad.

I was really blown away by that picture of you. I keep coming back to it.

You got powerful mojo.

5:35 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Gabriella Moonlight-

thanks, and thanks for coming by!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home