Friday, December 17, 2010

crowbar



*


It were good.



*


We stayed at our favorite hotel and took long soaks in the deep Japanese tubs, got twisted and beat up by tiny Thai women, ate incredible food, and generally made sluts of ourselves.

The fucking De Young was mind blowing.

I don't know how, but we also managed to get in the Mission district, North Beach, Scrap, Ocean Aquarium, and more.


*


We went to Angela's gallery. Got to see her incredible work in person, which is a whole other thing. She's doing the work, there's no doubt about it. Got something by the neck. The gallery was closed when we went, but there was a woman working on some kind of installation piece and she let me in so I could stand in front of that art and get blasted.

How cool is that?


*


The painting above is from a bar we passed, closed down a few years now. I saw the sign and fell in love with it, so when we got home I painted a copy of it that now hangs over our refrigerator.


Also cool.



*


Meanwhile, yet more rain, which seems fine to me. And a last extra day off, and the weekend ahead of us.



*



I got insects in my brain.



***



Namaste.



***

10 Comments:

Blogger 37paddington said...

love your brush work, scott. you're a man of many mediums.

10:23 AM  
Blogger deirdre said...

Wow to the painting, I love it, and double WOW to you standing in the flesh in front of Angela's artwork.

We are not as separate in this electronic world as we sometimes fear.

Good on you.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I have been keeping tender thoughts of you two all week. This report makes me more than happy.

12:56 PM  
Blogger angela simione said...

hahaha! i'm so sorry we missed each other but YAY! the work is all the better now that you two have gazed upon it. i am lucky that you came by and absolutely honored. :)

1:37 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Angella-

I love to paint, really love it. But I'm not very good at it. That's what I love about photoshop- i'm not hamstrung as much by my lack of technical ability. I can get the images to carry the mood I'm seeking.

Anyway. Glad you liked the thing.

yrs-

Scott

8:49 AM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Deirdre-

Yeah, it's weird, huh? LIttle bits of overlap. Maybe they will continue to build. I think they will.

I think we're going to drag these connections into the 'real' world in ways we cannot even imagine. Think of the way that life asserts itself into every crack and fissure, the green tendrils seeking out....what? More, I guess. Always more.

We're on the bubbly edge of something.

Can you feel it?

8:52 AM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Ms. Moon-

We do our best. Thanks for the kind thoughts!

8:53 AM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Angela-

We're up there every other month or so. Maybe we'll cross paths next time!

I'm a big fan. I think your work is astounding.


yrs-


Scott

8:54 AM  
Blogger deirdre said...

Yes, I hope.

10:44 AM  
Blogger angela simione said...

scott, that would be wonderful! the thought alone makes me clap my hands like a little kid! :)

thank you so much! truly! truly! truly! that's a mighty gift!

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home