Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ancestor Skull Mask For Spring Collection




*


Have you been out in the world of late?


There is a deep craziness afoot in it.



*




Keep your hands inside the ride at all times.








*






I know y'all are sick of hearing it, but I am both:


1. Incredibly, abundantly blessed.

2. Crazy as a shit-house rat.



*




I'm having a hell of a time at it, though.





*


I wish I was a better man than what I am. Or I wish I'd learn to accept my shortcomings from what I think I should be. Or I wish I'd just buck up and be however it is that my ravenous ego thinks I ought to achieve.


I guess I can just try to accept that I don't.


don't do any one of them.



*


How is it that I have won the one woman I love?


What a prize to have her in my life.



It is my undoing and my salvation to love her.



*



She is the reason they made the whole of this place, the secret that pulses in the heart of every nucleus of every atom in the known world.



*



I am the dark energy of it.



*




we are kali & shiva and brahman & indra, and bonnie & clyde and calvin & hobbes.



*




we are the world and all its terrible storms.





*

















Also, rest in peace, Detective Dietrich.  Every day I try to be as good a cop as you were.












***


Namaste.




*

7 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Color! For the season?
The golden leaves of the Bradford Pear in my back yard are swirling down to carpet the black dirt of Lloyd and my emotions are the same and my thoughts- like yours- are as confused and yet, grateful as hell.
It's all one.
Falling, laying on the ground, giving color and glory to the banal, the holy.
Glad you're in the world.
You are a force for good.

6:24 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

Me too. Confused and grateful. It is what it is.

xo

5:25 AM  
Blogger Petit fleur said...

Wow Color! I'm stunned and amazed.

Dietrich is dead? whoa. I so loved him too. That show rocked.

As to you accepting yourself... perhaps try to think of yourself as not yourself. Have your observer think of you as you would another person, a friend. You would not be so hard on a friend would you? Or would you? :-)

I hope you and your family take in some beutiful, peaceful loving moments this season and here's to a groovy new year.
PS I feel the madness too.
xo pf

7:14 AM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

Merry Christmas beautiful dark dishwasher. May all the abundance of life fill your enormous heart.

1:07 PM  
Blogger deirdre said...

It's hard to say without sounding all corny but I just love how much you love that woman, you two are something else and merry Christmas to you both, to your whole family, be well.

crazy mask that, love it - wonder what she's reading...

8:06 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

merry christmas, scott.

that mask scares me, but i think that's a function of where i am in my head right now. it has such dissonance with the flowered suburban lady blouse and fifties-kitchen orange background, and maybe that's the point.

peace and love to you and yours for the new year and wishing you dreams come true. whatever dreams you dream.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Macie said...

Hello nicce blog

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home