Sunday, September 26, 2010

It Will Be Wonderful By and By.



*


Too hot to run the oven all day, so I jammed that pork shoulder into the crock pot instead and decided I'd do a mess of pulled pork sandwiches. Then I remembered David Chang's Bo Saam, so I made a big batch of cabbage kimchi, some pickled red onions,  Chang's ginger scallion sauce, and did the rappini up in a miso and mirin sauce with a drizzle of sesame oil.

Now the house is redolent with the smell of the slow roasting pork and my hands smell like garlic and ginger.


*


The woman and I are watching "Trolls 2" and good god almighty what a movie it is.


*


If there is anything better than a lazy Sunday at home, cooking and cleaning and eating a mess of good food and watching a stupid movie with the woman you love, I don't know what it could be.


*


Namaste.


***

8 Comments:

Blogger Mim said...

Rappini, "rapa," "rab,"" as some say--I love that bitter green.

Yours for good Sunday and simple pleasure, though those flavors are not simple . . .

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

david chang. yes.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. i love that sauce you speak of. my previous comment came through a dream of the taste.

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Flamingo Dancer said...

New to your blog, but I am now coverted for ever and ever.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Flamingo Dancer said...

So excited that I can't even write - converted, not coverted!

8:13 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Mim-

That and brussels sprouts are my favs. Bitter and pungent, roasted, sauteed with garlic, bathed in David Chang's fish-sauce, mint, and garlic marinade...

pure heaven.

3:51 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Dottie-

If i ever make it out there, or you make it out here, we'll put on a big old David Chang throw down, and make Bo Saam that would kill ten people!

And that's final.


yrs-


Tearful

3:52 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Flamingo Dancer-

Welcome aboard, flamingo!

Hope you'll feel comfortable enough to stick around and let us know whatever is on your mind.

And bring some food with you!


Yrs-


Tearful

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home