Sunday, March 28, 2010

All Fall Down





*

Laid in the hammock for the first time today and watched the blue sky through the backlit red leaves of the Japanese Maple tree while the water in the koi pond burbled and a breeze jangled the wind chimes. A buzzard circled high overhead. My hands ached from weeding and throbbed from stinging nettles up to my elbows and I had never felt better.

Got to work on a new painting.

Ate leftover braised chicken thighs in lemon with fennel and olives from Thomas Keller's "Ad hoc at home" cook book that the woman on the verge brought home from the library yesterday.

Fuck me running, it were good.


*

I can feel my sap rising with the spring. Like a bear lumbering out into the sunlight after a long winter's hibernation.


It feels like I'm coming back to life.



*

The house is spanking clean and filled with light and flowers and fresh air. Everything glows.


*


You get these days, you seize them. You jam them into your mouth and bite down and let the juice run down your chin and you gorge yourself on them until you are sick with it.


*


I raise my glass in a toast of thanks to the mindless unfolding of the great wheezing machine of life!


*


Namaste.



***

8 Comments:

Blogger Mim said...

A gorgeous life filled with juice, a painting with death overhead.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous nursemyra said...

that's a wonderfully eerie scary image

11:57 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

I can almost not bear to look at the image at the head of this post. It's too disturbing, but your words that follow are as wonderful as ever Dishwasher.

You have an amazing ability to juxtapose the profane with the sublime. Thank you.

3:52 AM  
Blogger melissashook said...

and you make some gorgeous asparagus, also!
I hope you buy that cookbook...
thank you....

(the image is staggering, as if our consciousness has disappeared and we won't recognize what's happening around and above us...)

4:14 AM  
Blogger T. said...

The yin and yang.
Horror and joy.
(But the joy goes on a lot longer than does the horror, here.)

Happy coming-back-to-life!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Well well well. You made me speechless.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Darcy said...

i love the idea of these days...
"you jam them into your mouth and bite down and let the juice rundown your chin"
such a thick delicious description of the good times...

4:58 PM  
Blogger deirdre said...

Wonderful!

And yet that picture, oh my god.

love,
dd

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home