Friday, March 05, 2010

Juliet's Walk






*


We struggle along, doing the best we can.



*



We should be nice to each other.



*



But the guy in that house a couple of doors down, you know the one, he's probably got some child tied up in a box in the basement or somebody's mother under the floorboards.



*


I sometimes cross paths with men like that, but what's the use?

It's over, beast.



*



You don't never bring one of them back.



They've crossed over.





*


If there's a harder world than this one, I don't want to go see it.



*




And yet this is a blessed world, full of broken-hearted love and crazy tenderness. There isn't any figuring it out, you just have to let it wash over you.


*


Tonight I pray for all those who are suffering, that they might find peace.


*


Amen.



***

6 Comments:

Blogger Elisabeth said...

Juliet's walk is wonderful. I love her hat. It reminds me of a children's story I used to read to my youngest daughter called 'The Kinder Hat'.

The hat in this instance is constructed by a little girl at her kindergarten, with scissors and glue. Her mother wears it all the way home. The hat consists of a blue ice cream tub and many coloured streamers.

Juliet's hat although far more elegant is similarly shaped.

4:32 AM  
Blogger Mim said...

Juliet is a spring-time girl, never mind the snow piled up on the sides of the road.

Glad to know you, Tearful.

5:41 AM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Elisabeth-

That sounds like a sweet story. And a sweet hat. It's funny, Juliet seems like a character in a little book to me.



Mim-

She is a springtime girl, wandering around in the dead end of winter.



yrs-

tearful

7:43 AM  
Blogger Frenchy Pectoralis said...

what i've learnt - and i think what bothers me most these days if having to view others' as if there tongues ARE split - as primary -

this wasn't always so

and MOST important now because I do still have one child left ---
i think.

i would like so much to be able to put my rose glasses back on
.

i suppose that's what they call
hardened or maybe

tempering, huh?

11:33 AM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

Now I am crying. Thank you for expressing what you do. I need to hear from people who see this and go on, anyway.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P-S Washer

and then the sar casm

layered on so thick

you can taste it through the air

even if you didn't mean to.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home