Saturday, March 20, 2010

Reverend Pease Dreams of The Sea


*

Spring is in full throttle, driving every living thing mad with joy and longing.


The birds are crazy with song.


The sky is so blue it hurts to look at it.


*


For hundreds of thousands of years there were other human species on this planet. They painted their bodies and buried their dead and surrounded the gravesites with flowers. They hunted and made tools and made love and made babies. They were eaten by giant wolves and crushed underfoot by Mastadons and their young were carried off by great eagles and they died before age forty and they are gone now every one of them.


Like smoke they have vanished into the air.



*


I love my small life and treasure it all the more for its fragility and hopeless outcome.


*


I don't say it often enough, but I am deeply grateful that you come here to read and look around.



I hope this day brings you pleasure, comfort, peace, and something good for dinner.



*


Namaste.


**

8 Comments:

Blogger deirdre said...

Oh that Reverend is very weird and very cool. He made me gasp. And laugh at the same time.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I knew Reverend Pease. He put his hand up my skirt. The hand you can't see cuz he's doing that thing with his eyes right after he said NOW RISE UP AND WALK which of course I couldn't do because I was an emotional cripple.


Love this.

Your cross eyed friend,
r


wv: liqui

I almost got there.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous nursemyra said...

ah that fragility and hopeless outcome.....

5:22 PM  
Blogger T. said...

Ditto what nursemyra said.

My son is cooking me stuffed chateaubriand and I made an apple pie. Life is good at this very moment. Right now, right here.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Mim said...

Thank you, dear Tears.

6:48 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

god damn if i do not love you all.

6:35 PM  
Blogger melissashook said...

I'm glad to be reading your blog again, Dishwasher!
Mastadons been walking over my body, but they moved over and I hope I'm back, participating!
Good spring to you...

3:12 AM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

this image reminds me of the show Carnivale. what a great show that was.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home