Sunday, January 17, 2010

This Way To The End of The World



*



A day of wound-licking. Watching the rain come down and pacing from window to window. The tang of ozone still in the air. We're both jumpy, skittish, ill at ease.


How such a small disaster can claim you.


*

I should go for a walk or something, but it feels beyond me.


*

My neighbor has fired up his grinder. More Pakistani street dentistry sounds. That machine of his makes a noise that mimics exactly the mood I'm in right now.




Fuck me running.



*


Namaste.


***

4 Comments:

Blogger Maggie May said...

yup. sometimes it's like this.

love the haunting image. reminds me of His Dark Materials.

3:36 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Yes, Maggie. Sometimes it is.


You are an inspiration. I'm glad you stopped by.



yrs-


tearful

7:45 PM  
Blogger Mim said...

I remember those terrible storms with my son--not small, these disasters.

Remembering now, even still, I have to tell myself to breathe.

Take care of yourself, dear Tearful.

5:09 AM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Mim-

Thank you. I know in ten or twenty years this will be over. I think I'll be scarred for life.


But scars are good. They remind you that you lived.


Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead!


yrs-


tearful

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home