Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bereft Object No. 1






*

I love my silly life.



I'm going to hate to see it go.


*

Tonight we are watching a Japanese movie.


Premonition.




How did we live without Netflix? Now we got no cable, no network TV, no commercials, no sports, no QVC.

Just an endless stream of bizarre movies that maybe twenty people a year watch.


Yay!


*

Haiti. There's another example. It was their turn, I guess. Did those folks "manifest their reality" by thinking about a devastating earthquake? Did they make God mad?

Or was their mistake to be fragile creatures on a dangerous planet?


I pray for all of them. Whatever that means.

*


Namaste.


***

8 Comments:

Anonymous allene said...

Chaos is always there, lurking. I think of us as small ants, going about, until the foot stomps and makes us scatter-hither, thither.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Mim said...

Just chance that the earthquake happened there. I say "just," but don't mean to minimize Chance; I give the word a capital C.

5:13 AM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

i just watched this really weird incestous Japanese movie ( which i thought was the terrain of the French! ) the other night.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

that image you created makes me feel horribly sad. it's so raw and final.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous nursemyra said...

Where do you get your images from? this one is beautiful.

12:45 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Nurse Myra-

I make these things in photoshop. I steal bits and pieces from all over and mix in my own stuff and play around until something emerges that speaks to me.

I am probably breaking all kinds of rules, but I can't seem to help it. Its what I love to do.


I'm glad you liked this one.


yrs-

tearful

4:54 PM  
Anonymous nursemyra said...

You do a great job. I'd seen the photo (in one of your posts above) of the four nurses in gas masks and it didn't include the man with the umbrella so it had me confused.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I really like your blog

11:12 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Thanks, Nursemyra. I really like your blog, too. I'm glad we've found each other.

And I'm glad you like the artwork!


yrs-

tearful

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home