Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Red Door



*

We done cured ourselves.

*

We ate fresh, lively, amazing Thai food at Osha. Noodles at Tanpopo. Ahmed fed us on croissants and scrambled eggs and salmon quesadillas with fresh tomato and garlic salsa and a fresh sliced mango and sweet attention and talk and he made us feel welcome and treasured and in turn we love him and won't go back without eating at The Red Door Cafe and yes, next time, Ahmed, we'll have the french toast.

We blew our minds and our budget at Blick Art Supplies. It was as big as heaven and everything was new and clean and called to us and would not shut up and the place was staffed with artists who spend every dime they earn at work.

We stayed at Hotel Tomo and wandered around Japan town and everywhere we looked was wonder and beauty and glowing treasure.

And I got to go to Justin's Ocean Aquarium and talk story and gaze at his wonderful planted tanks and thriving, happy fish and I took home some ottos and a trio of rare Zebra loaches and we drove home in the light of the dying sun through the green and rolling hills and the flat ag land of the central valley and came home to a fat and happy bulldog who rolled on her back and brought us her toys and stared and stared at us as if we were the most wonderful creatures god had ever made.

*


Which we are.


*


I am ready to man the oars again.



*


Namaste.



***

4 Comments:

Anonymous nursemyra said...

Do you know Van Morrison's song Coney Island?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eDaSvRO9xA

This post reminds me of that song

12:00 AM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

"Wouldn't it be great if it was like this all the time?"


Ah, yes.



Now, however, I must point out that I followed your link and instead of Van Morrison talking about Coney Island I watched John Cleese, Graham Chapman, Tim Brooke-Taylor and Marty Feldman doing the Original 4 Yorkshiremen sketch.


Which was a wonderful way to start my day!

Thanks, NurseMyra. I feel much better!



yrs-


tearful

6:20 AM  
Blogger Mim said...

Yes, you are. Just wonderful! I had had breakfast but when I read about your feasting, I got hungry again.
Here's to life,
Mim

7:48 AM  
Anonymous nursemyra said...

Ha! I sent that Yorkshiremen clip to someone else, guess it was a computer glitch - but a happy one nonetheless

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home