Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Storms of Long Island




*

Do you dream like this?


*

I do.


*


Yesterday, for the first time in a long time, I took someone down at gunpoint.



It made me realize how much I miss it.





*

Today the storm relents and the sun is shining high in the wild blue sky and it is fresh and alive everywhere. I am taking the woman to a new vegan place in town and we are going shopping to replace our recently stolen camera so we can continue committing art unabated.

A new day and all it brings with it is ours.


*

Namaste.


***

8 Comments:

Anonymous nursemyra said...

Fantastic image

1:16 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Nurse myra-


thanks!


You know, they might have corsets on under those dresses...

1:46 PM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

i love this. the floating head is perfection.

1:56 PM  
Blogger melissashook said...

Tearful,
if you're referring to Long Island, as in New York state, I'll be damned.
I appreciate your images!

4:27 AM  
Blogger deirdre said...

OH wow.

8:05 AM  
Blogger T. said...

I didn't notice the person hanging from the tree until I double-clicked the photo. This is a terrifying piece.

I need a new camera: any recommendations?

8:09 AM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

T. Clear-

We just got the Canon SD780IS, and we're loving it. Super small, easy controls, great auto shooting, very good macro mode, and a good price, around $250.

10:02 AM  
Blogger T. said...

Thanks, dishwasher. I'll check it out. I have a highly rated Fuji now that I think I've outgrown.

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home