Sunday, October 02, 2011

Bleak Island





*











































*







i thought those girls needed a little bit of space and silence, although it looks like they might have cornered the market on both already.








still.....








*



I miss my wife. I'm all miswired.




She's been on the hero's journey. Facing the mean old nasty dragon. She's getting all crispy around the edges and smoke inhalation and red eyes. Sword all nicked and dull-edged and battered. Shield lumped up, boots a mess, lip balm almost used up.






Still, my money ain't on the dragon.






*




I can't see the path ahead, but I can hear the rustling of unnamed beasts in the deep of the wood.













We can't rest here, we must go in.



***



Namaste.



***








10 Comments:

Blogger plantingalongtheverge.com said...

I may be a bit battered upon my return but i know what sweet respite awaits me.
So, you saw us today....standing
together....how like you to capture it so perfectly.
fucking wu!


wv: abean

2:45 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

my money isn't on the dragon either...

2:55 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That amazing picture reminds me of the two girls in the Australian movie "Heavenly Creatures."

4:11 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

If I had to live in that house, I would impale myself on those antlers.

I ain't betting on the dragon either. I sure hope my kids never call me a dragon.

That Woman needs to come home soon although I will say that I do enjoy your output when she is gone. Still, I'd rather have you silent and happy.

4:16 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Yolie-

Hurry home baby!


I have unguent.

4:31 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Angella-

you'll win that bet.

4:32 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Elizabeth-


Don't mess with them, man!

4:33 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Ms. Moon-

Easy now. Nobody is calling anybody's mother a dragon around here. Especially nobody's mother in law! Yikes!

The dragon is more metaphorical.


And don't worry, you'll never end up in a house like that.



It's true, too, for me, that happiness = blog silence, for the most part. I'm not sure what to do about that. But things are the way they are, so I'll just accept that, I suppose.

I don't know what in the hell I'm talking about, as usual.

Thanks for stopping by, you are a balm to all you visit.

yrs-


tearful

4:36 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I should have been clearer. I hope that my kids never have reason to think of me as a dragon. Unless that means I'm really fancy and am featured in parades at Chinese New Year.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Steph(anie) said...

"lip balm almost used up"

I hate that place most of all, but it's a great line.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home