Sunday, February 06, 2011

Billy and The Delta Clipper On Caladon 9


*




prayers to summon 
the destroying angel


moon stuttering in the sky
like film
stuck in a projector





The Mountain Goats, Tallahassee 









*


We watched the movie "Dogtooth" a couple of weeks ago.



I cannot get it out of my mind.



*


I don't want it to leave.


*



It is a dark, deeply disturbed and disturbing film that I found utterly intoxicating. My god, though, don't go see it if you find nothing funny in cruelty. Especially the cruelty of parental love.

Not all of it unintentional.




*


Today is a quiet day of laundry and housecleaning and dog washing. The sun is shining, the sky blue, and I've thrown open all the doors and windows so the world can come inside if it wants. I've got The Magnetic Fields blasting, and I've got coffee and I've committed art.






I want to take a hammer and crack my head open.

*


I mean that in a good way.


*


Okay, let's think about this for a minute:

Something like ninety percent of all of our sensory input gets thrown out on its way through our neural processing net. And we're already only getting a tiny sliver of what's out there. Then what gets used is almost entirely unavailable to us consciously. It's all done behind the curtain of our unawareness.

Then of that sliver of a sliver of a sliver that does get through we largely ignore, misinterpret, or find unbearable. We drink and drug and distract ourselves so we don't even have to deal with that tiny fraction of the world that makes it through our defenses.

Then we use this sad little sliver of 'facts' to make up our minds about the way the world works and by god we won't be swayed once we've decided.






Seems like a pretty good way to proceed.





*


I don't know how anybody makes up their minds about anything.



*




I wish I could make an atomic bomb of love.


I'd drop that bitch on all of us.



*



Namaste.



***

12 Comments:

Blogger Jane Lancaster said...

hello, I like your blog..

I am still thinking about Dogtooth. It makes me think about mind control...spooky..I loved the dancing..

1:07 PM  
Blogger Petit fleur said...

"I've committed art"--- love that~

I also like the atomic love bomb.

Peace,

1:38 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

those last two lines made me smile.

so i won't go see Dogtooth because my protective membranes are thin to nothing at the moment, and too many slivers are making it through and the effect is i can't make up my mind about much except that i love it when you commit art.

that boy, i worry about where he's going. he's a small arrow of courage and righteousness and he has no idea of the nets of consciousness about to ensnare him. It's the shape of the space ship that evokes a sliver, a shiver of an association, that and the boy's old soul eyes.

I kept making this larger so I could study it. There is so much here, and the moon-colored wash over everything, like the stuttering projector, makes me wonder if that space ship cone is a destroying angel. But this boy knows how to fight. You never leave the children undefended.

Sorry, Scott. I got carried away. You created worlds of stories here. But this boy, he'll be okay.

And so will we.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It all made me smile.

Slivers are amazing and absurd, I think.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Fuck that shit. I see way too much as it is. And guess what? You do drop that love-bomb. So fucking there.
Amen. Hallalulah.
Bless your heart.

5:05 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Jane-

welcome. I"m glad you like the place. And the dogtooth movie.

5:46 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

PF-

i stole that from "Elling", who committed poetry.

Another great film.

5:47 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

angella-

you are amazing. always love to hear your thoughts.

5:48 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Elisabeth-

Glad I could give you a smile. That's a good thing.

5:48 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Ms. Moon-

Maybe you have a better mechanism than I do.

I wanna see it all. Face of god, utter destruction, the whole enchilada.

you keep doin' what yer doin'.

5:49 PM  
Anonymous verymissmary said...

drop the bomb! why not. I believe we can. it's kinda like what Tibetan monks do, eh?

4:04 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

verymissmary-

it is EXACTLY like what the Tibetan monks do!

you are correct.


and thank you for stopping by!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home