Sunday, November 08, 2009

Sinking Dirigible



*

I've got nothing to regret.



*


Well, that's a lie.




***




The list is longer than my arm.



*


I am at the business of writing a little something.


I have a small fire burning for it.

*





I am thinking today about Sgt. Kimberly Munley.

Her actions make me so proud.


She ran to the sound of gunfire and put her man down. She took bullets in both legs and her right wrist and yet closed on him, firing all the way. She put four bullets in him. She stopped that son of a bitch right there.

I'd like to buy her a beer, I'll tell you what.

*


I'd like to paint her goddamn house.


*

I got a call on Friday from this woman, she's crazy as a shit house rat. She's got aphasia and the IQ of a ten year old girl and she's pretty good looking. You can see the problem there.

The local cops are sick of her shit.

But she's going to get killed by this guy who's stalking her.

It isn't anyone who'll listen to her.


*

I'm fooling myself thinking I can make a difference. In ways that matter or don't.
This shitstorm has been rolling on unimpeded long before I showed up.

I ought to be more cautious than I am.


*

But it can't be helped.



It's some things you do despite you know better.



*


Namaste, y'all.


Don't give up.


You'll yet persevere.


***

6 Comments:

Blogger Maggie May said...

She is lucky as hell to have you on her side.

6:35 PM  
Blogger T. said...

Thank you.

And again, thank you.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Sometimes the bravery of people just flattens me. This includes you, sir. You are on my list of heroes.
love,
Rebecca

7:05 AM  
Blogger melissashook said...

I'm glad you're back, Dishwasher.
It's life, as you know...and you're in the ER.
good for Kimberly Munley....
thanks...

12:14 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Thank you all.


I don't know what it will do any good, but we've got him in custody.


for now.


it humbles me that you all express such gratitude for some of what I try to do. I want to say I don't deserve it. But there are a lot of cops out there who do deserve your thanks, who do much more than I've ever done or will yet do.

So I'll take your thanks on their behalf, who might not ever hear it.


this world is a godawful wonder.


(the other thing I'll say is, have some patience with those boys in blue or tan and green who show up at your house in the middle of the night. they are often tired and put out and caught in the middle, so if they seem like a pair of matched assholes...well, they probably are. But be cool to them anyway. As a favor to me.)


I love you guys. I really do.


yrs-


tearful

5:04 PM  
Blogger Mim said...

Way to go!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home