Sunday, October 04, 2009

At Play In the Fields of the Lord


*

It's all good.


It's a mistake to take it seriously.








The joke is on you.



*



Yesterday we moved shit around. Swapped bedrooms, moved her studio space back into Em's old room, took back the master bedroom for ourselves. Another opportunity to clean and purge and simplify and pare down.

It becomes an addiction.


My mom called for help changing a lightbulb in her new fixture, which turned into a garden consult and a trip next door to her parent's house to fix the computer mouse and the stove top burner and explain to Granddad how the dishwasher really works and why the nut holding the toilet seat to the commode isn't actually reverse threaded, and etc.

It's nice to be able to help in small ways.


*

I am off to another training class, but this time it's in San Francisco and I am taking old girl with me.

Don't expect to hear from us till we get back.




Meanwhile, today is long walkies, dog-bathing, gardening, late afternoon cocktails, and cooking the hell out of something good for dinner.





I am embarrassed at the abundance of my blessings.




*

May you be calm.
May you be at peace.
May you be happy.





Make it so, number one.


***

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you drink earl grey, hot?

(;


(thanks for the inadvertent dog-bathing reminder. she'll be thrilled with me)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

Today is gardening, iced coffee, magazines, cleaning, Pinot, dinner, movie, bed.

Your voice reminds me of Robert Parker, who I love.

12:14 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Dottie bones-

There are limits to my aspirations to be Picard. Earl Grey being one of them.

I do like to wear black pants, though. And go Warp Eight.



Maggie-

I love Parker too. Thanks for the compliment!

Hope your Sunday was as good as mine.


yrs-

tearful

4:40 PM  
Blogger Mim said...

Thanks for the blessings.
Mim

5:38 PM  
Blogger melissashook said...

so what I've heard is that bulldogs, fascinating as they may be, smell a lot in the creases. I had this from a tough little dog trainer who scoffed at my admiration for the breed.

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home