Monday, September 28, 2009

You must stay for the resurrection of the beloved



*

How is it that today I did not awaken to ruin?

How is it that I was spared?

Why are my teeth not broken?

Why did no men pull my baby from my arms and hack her apart with machetes?





*



It wasn't my turn.




*

Today I got Kyle Lamb's book, "Green Eyes & Black Rifles, Warriors Guide to the Combat Carbine."

If you carry long arms into harm's way, this book is for you. Some of his rifle drills can be found on Youtube, the Highsmith drill being one of my favorites. I stole it and incorporated it into my training, and it blew me away.

Kyle did a great job with his book. It's a great all-around reference.

*

Sometimes I am good. I do what's right. I work out hard, eat right, get plenty of sleep.

Right now I won't work out or slow down my drinking and half the time I won't sleep.

I go back and forth from one end of the see-saw to the other.

I cain't find the balance.


To the consternation of the woman who loves me.


*





Sometimes I get tired of wading through shit for a living.








I just ain't suited for nothing else.





***

Namaste.

6 Comments:

Blogger Maggie May said...

warrior souls -

6:26 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

better than soulless warriors, right?

9:28 AM  
Blogger deirdre said...

Speechless, breathless - just your basic in awe kind of reader.

You are one of a kind.

3:44 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

i don't deserve you as a reader, but I am grateful for it.

i read yr words, your world, and can hardly bear it. To have you here and glad of it is a great gift.

thank you.

yrs-

tearful

7:35 PM  
Blogger melissashook said...

just a crying dishwasher, a struggling man, an interesting soul, aren't we snoopers (not snipers) lucky out here to get a glimpse...
thanks
and
thanks

4:14 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Goddamn.


We are all sonsabitches.



I am glad you have thrown yr kit in with me.



I am not worthy. But I remain grateful....



yrs-


tearful

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home