Thursday, September 03, 2009

Regard All Dharmas as Dreams

*


*


What I keep seeing is Wicke's beautiful Aikido. He had such grace and beauty.

I didn't really know him. I think the intimacy of the dojo makes me feel like I knew him better than I did. I admired him a great deal, that much is true. He was quiet and kind of self-contained, but there was a light in him. Anyone could see it. Feel it.

He made me feel welcome. He was open and gracious and kind. A good man.


I will miss him. If you knew him, you'd miss him too.


He made this world a richer place.



***


You think that you have abandoned hope, but then something happens, you realize you could only feel as bad as you do if you had secretly been hoping for something better.


Hope keeps asserting itself.


Despite instructions to the contrary.




*

I am in a bitter mood.




*




5 Comments:

Blogger james said...

lord knows it's not easy, scott, but we must give thanks for everything, for where is the light without the darkness?
i'm probably deluding myself, in fact i'm certain of it, but lately i am so filled with joy that i can barely contain it, as if i had finally managed to open some contrary door that had frustrated me all these years. dear friend, even the bitter has a sweetness of its own. love, jim

6:48 AM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Jim-

I just want to make sure I give the bitter its due. Take its full measure, as it were.

But of course, you are right as rain. We need every bit of it and more.

The joy of hearing from you today is unalloyed, and sweet as cold water on a hot day.

I am glad your door to joy has swung open on its hinges and admitted you in. Bust that fucker off, or jimmy the lock quick so it clatters and bangs in the wind and you can leap in and out at will.


grateful to you and for you as always.

yr friend-

Scott

7:06 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I canned 12 pints of dilly beans from my garden yesterday. All my lids popped accordingly. When I was done I looked exactly like that woman on the right. Full of self righteousness and vinegar.

Heehee haha. It's Friday and I have a 3 day weekend.

I find joy in the weirdest things.

love,
Rebecca St. Vinegar



wv: unnery!
All I need is an N to get into the convent.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Mim said...

'Hope is a thing with feathers/ that perches in the heart.'--Dickinson

9:09 AM  
Blogger LKD said...

I abandoned hope, god and love a long, long time ago.

Funny thing is, I'm fairly certain that they haven't abandoned me.

And not in that corny inspirational footprints in the sand way.

I haven't lived long enough yet to know much of anything except the joy that fills me up like light when I read of Jim's sudden joy (my god, I'm smiling, smiling, smiling for him) but I do know that when you let go of something, oftener than not, it comes back around to you eventually like a long lost dog.

Dishwasher, Radish, Valley and Jim, I've probably said it before and I will keep on saying it again and again: Truly, you all are my heroes. My artistic heroes, yes. But more importantly, my life heroes.

You all make me want to live a more meaningful life.

Thank you all for that.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home