Thursday, August 20, 2009

Struggle For Supremacy



*

Today was liars. Asking me for help and lying about why. Lying about what. Demanding I do this and that. Putting a plate full of shit in front of me and telling me to eat.

The woman in tears asking me to find her son.
The man begging me to get his daughter back from his ex-wife who kidnapped her.
The woman who said her husband's been molesting their daughter.
The man who said he hasn't been locking himself in his daughter's room for hours every night.


I could hit someone, I swear to god.

*


Get in line.


*

So after work today I am driving to the store to get more vodka because I have gone through the last bottle already and there is some fuck in front of me going too slow.

There is a dreadlocked dirt-head in the intersection walking in circles, dazed, smiling.

Slowing me down.

There is an old lady in the checkout paying with singles and nickels and pennies and I'd like to snap her neck. There is the fucking semi-retarded clerk making her start over with the counting of pennies.

A guy backing out and blocking the exit.


*

I am on a short fucking fuse today.


***

You come here, you read this shit I put out, you might get the wrong idea about me. I sometimes aspire to spiritual creaminess, but don't get me wrong.


There is in me a slithering meanness.


*

I do not mean to complain about my small troubles. I just mean to say that it is often a mistake to hold others in high regard.


For we are flinty-souled and poor in spirit.


We have bad dentition.


*


Ratfuckers all.



***

5 Comments:

Blogger melissashook said...

too good, mr. ratfucker

6:46 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

On top of the mountain we are all snow leopards.
--Dr. Hunter S. Thompson



(whose favorite word of all was ratfucker)

xo

6:52 AM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Melissa!

Thanks for coming by, ratfuckers or no!


Dr. Hunter S. Thompson was right again, dear Radish.


xo-


tearful

10:24 AM  
Blogger deirdre said...

You're in this other universe that I sometimes forget exists and you're doing the dirty work and I hope you can let it go when you have to.
thank you.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Lee Kramer said...

love the blog.


Blogger used to be so cool, there were a million blogskins you could choose from, now they're too dang complicated. But I like the simplicity of the black. I chose it myself. Thinking larger text might be nice, I can fix that.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home