Sunday, August 16, 2009

Cripples At Baseball


Yesterday's dinner was dead good. We had my Dad and Stepmother (not evil) over. We ate and drank wine and talked story.

It was fine.


Today we are both dragging ass. The cops came to the door in the middle of the night. We've had a lot of the in the past four years, so we were steeled for more bad news, but it was the wrong house or some shit, I don't know.

After that we couldn't sleep. We watched The Life Aquatic again. Tried to get our heart rates down.

So today has been lounging about, a walk on the cliffs, lots of coffee and internet and scrambled eggs and bacon and leftover potatoes and french bread and she's working on a new quilt and I did a little bit of...well, call it art for lack of a better word. I don't know what it is, but it makes me happy. I get a charge out of working with these images. That photoshop makes up for my inability to draw and paint. I get to make art anyway.

So there.


I love that we can have a whole day to lounge about, lick our wounds, eat, sulk, snuggle. Take insanely hot showers and ice-cold showers and drink coffee and watch crap and read good books and keep each other in sight, in a casual way, like it doesn't matter all that much.

But it does.


Hope you are living it real. I know you are.



Blogger 21k said...

Keeping each other in sight, that's it isn't it. Like a pair of horses.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Mim said...

Blessed ordinary life. I'm hoping no more cops at the door at night.

2:05 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Just exactly like a pair of horses!

And blessed ordinary life seems to include cops at the door at night.

Thanks for stopping by, ladies!

6:40 AM  
Blogger T. Clear said...

Ah....cops at the door at night. Been there:

"Is he alive?"

And a week later, with my sons, making French onion soup, all the windows steamed up and shed their own tears.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Love this image.

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home