Sunday, August 16, 2009

Cripples At Baseball



*


Yesterday's dinner was dead good. We had my Dad and Stepmother (not evil) over. We ate and drank wine and talked story.

It was fine.


*

Today we are both dragging ass. The cops came to the door in the middle of the night. We've had a lot of the in the past four years, so we were steeled for more bad news, but it was the wrong house or some shit, I don't know.

After that we couldn't sleep. We watched The Life Aquatic again. Tried to get our heart rates down.

So today has been lounging about, a walk on the cliffs, lots of coffee and internet and scrambled eggs and bacon and leftover potatoes and french bread and she's working on a new quilt and I did a little bit of...well, call it art for lack of a better word. I don't know what it is, but it makes me happy. I get a charge out of working with these images. That photoshop makes up for my inability to draw and paint. I get to make art anyway.

So there.

***

I love that we can have a whole day to lounge about, lick our wounds, eat, sulk, snuggle. Take insanely hot showers and ice-cold showers and drink coffee and watch crap and read good books and keep each other in sight, in a casual way, like it doesn't matter all that much.


But it does.



*

Hope you are living it real. I know you are.



*

5 Comments:

Blogger deirdre said...

Keeping each other in sight, that's it isn't it. Like a pair of horses.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Mim said...

Blessed ordinary life. I'm hoping no more cops at the door at night.

2:05 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Just exactly like a pair of horses!

And blessed ordinary life seems to include cops at the door at night.


Thanks for stopping by, ladies!

6:40 AM  
Blogger T. said...

Ah....cops at the door at night. Been there:

"Is he alive?"
"No."

And a week later, with my sons, making French onion soup, all the windows steamed up and shed their own tears.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Christine E. Hamm, Poet Professor Painter said...

Love this image.

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home