Saturday, September 05, 2009

Corner of Bitterwater and Strife





*

The wild woman of Borneo showed up after a week long absence. She grabbed a bag of clothes, some makeup, and skeedaddled. Afraid we'd call her probation officer, maybe.





She looked good.




She hugged us both. Even me.


*

We are having left over duck in orange chipotle sauce and some goat cheese bruchettas and a green salad with lemon anchovy garlic dressing. Some olives, a head of roasted garlic, a bottle of wine.

The little woman made us a peach crisp for after.


It's cooling on the windowsill.


*

I am all twisted up. Happy, mournful, put-out, mellow. Running hot and cold like weather that don't know how to make up its mind.

I aim to stupefy myself with good food and wine, see if I cain't pin that woman up against something.


***

namaste.


*

1 Comments:

Blogger deirdre said...

Oh my f-ing wonder, you got me there with the wall pinning.

Hope it worked for the both of ya, you wild things.

xo

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home