Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Lost Boy


*

Tonight I'm making a seafood curry and vegetable biryani.


Plus I got a bottle of 2005 Castoro Syrah to go with.


*

My wife is so damn lucky.


*



Last night I dreamed that my brother and my father were holding me down in blacksmith's shop and trying to cut my left leg off with a giant pair of steel shears.

On the wall of the shop were all these drawings of horseshoes.


*

All different kinds.



*

I want to be compassionate. I want to do good things. 


I don't want to waste the little bit of time I have.


*

More wine!



*

One thing I'll do is write you off too quick. The other thing I'll do is not write you off quick enough.


I got both speeds.


*

Today I did a drawing of Ted Danson's tall non-fat chai latte from March 13, 2004 and gave it to someone at work. 


*

Gotta spread the love.


*

I don't have many friends. The ones I still have, they learned to keep trying.


Isn't that sad?


***


Namaste. 

I hope you are happy.


*

6 Comments:

Blogger ButtonHole said...

Thank you for your words. They're always so beautiful.

"One thing I'll do is write you off too quick. The other thing I'll do is not write you off quick enough."

I especially liked this. Ah, when to know, ever?

I too wish you luck with your daughter. I've been down that road and have finally, I hope, come out into a clearing. Scathed, yes, but alive.

You will too.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your eyes always look sad.

I'd like to see a smiling picture, that's what I'd like to see.


You not only inhabit the whole catastrophe, you live the dichotomy I suspect many of us see in ourselves.

(That's a good thing, to see it confirmed.)

We are strange geese.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

two things:

a) the visual stuff you do here really hits me.

b) i feel this huge respect for you. i love that.


i hope you guys have the best weekend.

7:49 PM  
Blogger LKD said...

What do you think that dream means?

11:01 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dear Lost Boy,
I love this self portrait. The background looks like scarred skin, skin that has lived truly inside the world and suffered and delighted in it and has not held back from the necessity of feeling great pain or great beauty.
Love,
Wendy

12:07 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

I swear I just left everyone a nice, sweet individual thank you and some kind words, etc.

Then blogger ate them all.

Ah, well.


Thanks, though, everybody.


It really means the world to me.



yrs-


tearful

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home