Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Momentary Kindness



*


It seems to me that compassion gets right down to the nub of what it means to be worth a shit in this world. 


*


Go to them.



Hold their hand.



*


Say something.



Say, "there, there."


Just keep saying it. That's okay.



*

You got a straw? And a knife? Maybe you can perform an emergency tracheotomy and save their life. But if not, you can at least hold their hand and say, "there, there. It's okay. Everything is going to be okay."


Even the last thing, if that's what it is.




*

Ah, the world is peopled with heroes.  We are all of us capable.



We are all of us capable.





*


Of, at least, a small compassion.



*


I am the grateful beneficiary of ten thousands kinds of love. I am showered with it, though I claim to be parched and dry.




I am awash in love and so are you.



*

So are we all.




*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here, let me put a coupla band-aid on that double switchplate for ya.

there.

speaking of snake and i's lands

I got the message for somebody at my temp place in the legacy from the dowsers.. went something like this:
clean all your pine needles off the roof - and keep all branches away from the chimney or your dwelling is in danger of fire.

I took it as threat. not good.

Then wanted to this over to the S-posa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWmeUmj6U_U

and then this for the Hell
of it all.

Btw: at trader J's the other day they played rocket man AND wedding bell blues thing
as i shopped.

better than disney.
bye-far.

did you know every-body has a twin?
or was that a schwinn?

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yeh - the for the Hell
of it was:... if you get the message.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXdNnw99-Ic

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home