Monday, February 04, 2008

Dead Man Walking



*

I knew this guy once. Nobody to me, just a guy on a case at first. But I got to know him. He got in a jam and he did what he thought he needed to do to get out of it. 

It didn't turn out so good.


*

I see people around me, people I know, people I care about. They get themselves in jams, too. 


We bring it upon ourselves.


That's what the buddhists will tell you. 


That motherfucker karma.


*

We're none of us immune. 


*

God, it's like a swarm of bees in my head right now. Gritting my teeth like to bust 'em. There's something to say here but I can't get at it. Slips away. Slips left and then comes in with an uppercut or a body shot and pivots left and you jab at empty air and it tucks in again and drives one into your kidneys.


Slips away again...


*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home