Sunday, January 06, 2008

Tiny Bear Goes To The Fair





*


Happy New Year!


*


Again, so long absent. Again, so many neglected responsibilities.

Ah, tant pis.


Non, je ne regret riens.



*

Ecoute.


Voici la language de lamour.


Ecoute. Ecoute.


Ecoute moi.


*


What has happened. I got sick with the flu. My kid, she has been to the emergency five times in the last two months. She has got the peritonsilar abcess again and again. The tonsils, they must out. They must. It's not negotiable.

She have a boyfriend. He is a very nice boy. He seems.


They are love each other very much.


They are kiss alot.


*

Today my wife made a purple sweater. She saved twenty dollar by make the buttons herself. From fimo of purple color. And polish them with the drimmel tool to shine.

Only one arm is too long and one is too short. Or the other way around.

But very chic.


Ah!

*

This month at work we have so many bank robbers. I feel like I am in some heist caper movie all the time. I am in black and white. I sit on the edge of the desk and shine a bright light into the eyes of the bad guy. I smoke a lot and I offer him one, but when I try to hand it to him, I drop it. When he bends to pick it up, SLAM! I smash my palm against the table! Like a gunshot!

He leaps back and I laugh. I apologize and pick up the cigarette myself, put it in his mouth, light it.

He eyes me with suspicion.

"Relax." I say. "We're all friends here."

He's on edge.

"Listen, you want some coffee? Something to drink?"

He shrugs.


*

It goes on and on like that.


*

Lately I am obsessed with the idea that we only have this tiny sliver of awareness. We see a tiny sliver of the light spectrum. We hear only a sliver. And our brains whittle down what little we do intake to less and less and less so it makes some kind of sense to us. And we only have a tiny sliver of the universe and only a tiny sliver of the earth and only a paper-thin whisper of the vast ocean of time and even less of less and less and less.

ah, it's enough to make one laugh.


*

Hope you are well. I am grateful for your kind thoughts.


*


Let us now regard the bears.


*

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy mary mother of gosh, i loved this entry.

7:39 PM  
Blogger LKD said...

Dude, happy new year.

Everyone needs a good bear.

I stole that.

Bear, dog, whatever.

Cat

Relax.

We're all friends here.

10:30 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Hey, Dottie Bones!

Thanks for stopping by and saying hello. I'm glad for it.

And always rooting for you.


Laurel-

Hey, sister. Always glad, if often silent about it, to see you here. And glad that you steal and steal what you like. Don't stop it.


And, yeah, we're all friends here.

Smoke?

ha.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Oh I love Tiny Bear. And the Dishwasher.

happy 8

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bear? is that a small happy-hairy thing?

On the ton sil thing that bad is it nessecary to monitor the airway?
I take it she's uncooperative in her trismus, ehh?

Have you considered Sialadentis? Or submandibular space infection as cause?...

or..

Sounds simplistic but, perhaps that necklace imposed on her is far too tight or she's simply allergic to the medium it's made of?

You think?..... who knows, that might just be right on!

I now myself, in this flu season, Ii'm picking up extra listerine and quarenteening myself.

I hope this doesn't disappear...

3:43 PM  
Blogger LKD said...

Brother, your silences are just like my father's silence--which is why I accept them, and hell, almost love them.

Ain't nothing wrong with sharing a space with another person and filling that space with silence. I think too often folks are too anxious to clutter up time and space with words.

Ever read or see Hotel New Hampshire?

I'm the woman in the bear costume.

6:26 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Anonymous-

It won't disappear.



Radish-

Yay! Double Yay!

With Brio!


Laurel-

Great book. Great big bear.


All best-

tearful

9:29 AM  
Blogger Chiastych said...

I hope you will continue to follow up on your thoughts about sliver perception. Intense. Very condensed, highly relevant. Apply it to everything. Anything. I want to see.

Also, what's the story behind the 2 bears piece?

JP

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home