Saturday, November 17, 2007

Love in the time of cholera




*


This is a photograph of our hallway.

We went and watched "The Darjeeling Limited" and then
we came home and painted our hallway in our own interpretation
of the Darjeeling Limited train.



We love it wicked bad.



*


One of the things I try to do is be a good father.
I am not so good at that.
I am suck ass at that.

I am a suck ass father.

*


That in no way keeps me from trying....



*


Another thing is, I love my little bitty life.
I love my wife like some kind of gigantic firework display of love.


You can take that to the bank.


*


This week I did a polygraph on a dad who the mom thought
was touching the kid in a bad way. Or she was making a fight for
the kid and didn't care what she said.

The dad passed the test.

*

And I did a rapist who didn't pass the test.


*

I do something every day.



*


I think about small things mostly. I think about the way light falls on the roses in our garden. I think about how light falls on the small and unforgiven things in my life. I think about my shortcomings. I think about the way I move in the world and all of my own lies.


I would find a way to stop them.


*


I have put down roots in a place. I have let the crows come home to roost. I have stewed in the juice of my own concocting.




I am hoist on my own petard.



*


Despite my many limitations, I am awash in the love of this world.


There is a beauty beyond all reckoning, and it is there all around us at every moment.



Give thanks, give thanks, give thanks.



Too soon you will be dead.


*

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome paint job. awesome post.

yay!

8:17 PM  
Blogger LKD said...

Your post reminded me of a song I haven't heard in an awfully long time. "Don't Give Up," a duet sung by Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush.

Thanks for putting that song in my head. I need to hear those lyrics right now.

And hey, come and paint my walls. I don't have any walls to paint right now.

But come and paint them anyway.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Too soon you will be dead"

Gosh, I've been saying that to myself for the past 7 yrs...

Have you seen Lars
and the Real Girl?

ride-on
Cowboy

P.S.

I'm really stupid... could you just tell me what the lesson was?.... before the too soon comes.

Pa-

4:06 PM  
Blogger Diane Dehler said...

Hi,
I found you via Chedwick the cat. You have a lovely sensibility in your writing. -enjoyed reading it.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Chiastych said...

One doesn't expect to encounter the sublime in a blogpost--especially when launched from the hallway wallpaper.

I'm hooked.

Jp

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home