Monday, February 04, 2008

Night Gathering

*





*

I don't expect you to understand. 


It's not your fault.


You got no frame of reference.


*

That's my first reaction. 


*

But looking at it, I see that it's wrong. Of course you have a frame of reference. Of course you understand. It just means something else to me than it does to you. Because of my frame of reference. 

I have been changed by things.


The change has been wrought.


*

I shall endeavor to cease my squawking about it. But my god.



*


One thing I know is that whatever else is going on here, I am writing and working for myself. I am the beneficiary of my works. Sometimes I am writing for myself in the darkness of some cold and future night, that there might be some warmth, a scrap of blanket and a piece of bread.


Here you go, friend. 


*

fin.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

never question your importance, you have made me think...and the ripples continue in ever-widening circles.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home