Friday, January 20, 2006

Stella's Bad Things

Image hosting by Photobucket


My daughter's recurring nightmare was the little orange and green Oompa-Loompas coming into her room through the air vents above her bed. She could hear their tiny, meaty little hands scraping away at the vent cover as they slithered through the ventilation shaft.

I have always dreamed of being in a airliner, coming in for landing over a major city and watching and feeling it wing over and begin to spiral in. I can feel the g-forces pushing me into the seat and the air is full of flying trays and garbage and people and the engines are screaming, screaming, and the buildings rushing up ever faster...the funny thing is I have this dream all the time and every time I have it I think to myself "Wow, I always knew I would die like this. I used to dream about it all the time. Now it's finally really happening." I want to close my eyes and think good thoughts but I always keep my eyes open.

I also used to dream about being chopped to death by a guy with an axe.


I don't know if Stella dreams about big, black, flappy things in trees, but she might.


*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have nightmares about concrete. My wrists scraping against it.

11:01 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Lynn-

I guess that's better than cheese-graters on the underside of your arms.

But not much.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home