Friday, January 20, 2006

Bar Crudo

Image hosting by Photobucket

This week has been a challenge. Our Mac was acting up, so I hired a guy to come in and unfuck it. He did a great job, but unfortunately we lost two years worth of photographs and most of my artwork. So I'm starting over, which is fine. A lesson in letting go.

Also a dark week for personal reasons. I'm not going to go into it, but I endured a long, dark, tea-time of the soul. Unmoored and adrift, I found everything I had been clinging to suddenly gone. Like a giant crack opened up in the ground and swallowed me whole.

So yesterday found me wandering out of the abyss, aided by the lamplight of love held out to me by my lodestar wife. Today I am blinking and rubbing my eyes at the New World. Filling my lungs with the sweet air. Falling to my knees in gratitude.

Was lost, but now am found.



*

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

scott, there are small usb devices, called thumb drives or flash drives, that you can use to back up all your material. i would strongly suggest one, they run about 30 bucks for 250 meg. a real bargain, considering.

i'm a big one to be talking, though, what with all the material i've lost over the years. live and learn. let's just pray we live long enough to learn enough to ... what? to know how little we know, i guess.

but none of this matters without the love that binds the two of you together. thank god you've come back to us again, and that your savior was there, holding out her hand.

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I've had a few of those tea-times. I'm glad your are among us.

2:33 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Jim-

Yeah, I thought I'd kinda done an end-around on that problem by having this guy do the work, but...
Now I think I'm going to buy an external hard drive and just mirror the whole drive once a month or something.

And yeah, my lady saves me again...


Kathryn-

Thanks. I'm glad, too.


yrs-

tearful

5:29 PM  
Blogger Pris said...

After puter problems, I can appreciate that loss. I have two huge hard drives and put important things on both, then periodically backup on CD, but have lost a lot in crashes, too, when I didn't keep up. Letting go. A hard lesson to learn.

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home