Monday, January 09, 2006

Mannequin Envy

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Mannequin Envy has included me as their featured artist in their new issue! Thanks a lot, Jennifer, and thanks to Alex Nodokopa for the fabulous interview and write up. If you go you can see a bunch of my stuff, but you can also check out Mr. Lineberger's poem "Dancing With Hart Crane" in the same issue. And the collage in which he stars, "Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Spartanburg" appears alongside his poem, which I think is pretty cool.

Uhm, I would post a link but I don't know how. So tell me how if you know and I'll do it, but otherwise you can just look over to your right and click on the link under there.

Cool. I guess I can call myself an artist now.


*

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

congrats!!

link...

ummm

[a href="url goes here"[/a]

but instead of brackets, use < and >

hope that works for ya!!

7:37 PM  
Blogger LKD said...

Bravo, you!

It must feel pretty damned wonderful to see your work up in lights.

Go, Scott. Go!


Meanwhile, I see you found Painting a Day. Is that seriously one of the best, most amazing blogs you've ever seen. I want every single one of those paintings.

Why is it that visual art seems so much more substantial and meaningful to me than poetry? Guess it's because you can't hang poetry up on the wall.

Have you ever embedded one of your poems into one of your collages? If not, you should.

4:02 AM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Jenni-

Thanks. And I'll try that link code, maybe I can do it.


Laurel-

Yeah, Duane Keiser is amazing. I love to watch his paintvids, they are so incredible. The guy is an absolute
maniac.

My wife and I have his "Tomato No. 4" hanging in the dining room. More to come, I'm sure.

And I actually did the poem embed in a big painting once, where I sort of wallpapered the background with my poems, then painted the painting directly over them.
Can't see them, but I know they are there.

talk about subtext.


Later-

Scott

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,

Congratulations for being featured on www.mannequinenvy.com

It was a pleasure to see your artwork and write commentaries on your extraordinary achievements paralleling your life.

You have not seen the end of us... and don't be surprized if I call on you one these days on my way to Hearst Castle.


Alex for www,mannequinenvy.com

9:46 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Alex-

The first little blue house on the right at the south/east
end of Main Street. White picket fence. Across the street
from the Venus Arms apartments.

Any time.


yrs-

Scott

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home