Sunday, October 09, 2011

And On The Sixth Day, God Drove Hard To the Hoop







*


Creation myth number seventeen thousand five hundred twelve.



*


There is all kinds of madness afoot here at Casa Azul. The Woman on The Verge and I have moved almost every stick of furniture we own. This bed, out there. That bed, in here. These shelves go over there. This stuff all comes down, that stuff all goes up. This gets tossed, this other thing gets brought in.

The fucking dog is beside herself.




She don't approve.



*


She strongly prefers the status quo.


The goddamn routine.



This isn't Nam, Smokey. There's fucking rules.









*


All in preparation for opening, opening, opening. A home for ailing parents. A home for pregnant children. A home for babies and grannies, for the newly arrived and the soon to depart.



A way station of sorts.


"All aboard!"






*


One of the coolest things about it is that we've moved our bedroom out to the studio and turned it into an oasis of calmness and serene beauty.

Check it out:







A sanctuary from which we can shelter from any storm.



*



I guess we should be more freaked out than we are. But we're both oddly serene about the impending chaos. The disruption of our precious idea of a quiet home with just us and our very mellow bulldog. But life, man, it fucking asserts itself.






You cain't but hold on tight.



*






You don't get to refuse anything.



You must have it all.





*




Shit, I'm strong, man. I like manning the oars. Let's row this bitch to land.


It's out there somewhere.



*




Namaste.




*





PS- I love my wife like a goddamn house afire.



Fucking smoke and flames everywhere.



***




















13 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm lifting this phrase: "But life, man, it fucking asserts itself."

I'm giving you credit, though.

Thank you.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Judy Wise said...

Strangely it's when it all falls apart that it all comes together. Not that it seems so at the time.

Row that boat.

3:14 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

i love that skinny god! playing ball with our world. he looks pretty agile.

and that room you and yolie made looks like pure peace.

i love this, too: "you don't get t refuse anything. you must have it all."

well, okay then.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

Yup yup! Get along!

The bedroom is beautiful.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Petit fleur said...

You are a romantic little booger, in your own special unique dishwasher style. Warms the heart when you talk about TWOTV.

The bedroom is sa-WEEEEEET.

Man, you guys are in the middle of it. It's sort of funny though, once we surrender to the madness, I think the calm before the storm is sort of normal... Especially when you KNOW for sure the storm is coming. What else is there but to batten down the hatches? prepare? accept? adjust? take the oars?

You guys rock.
xo

6:50 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

That sanctuary is beautiful and serene and I wondered where did they put all the books? I have yet to figure that one out yet. As far as You don't get to refuse anything. I shout AMEN to the ceiling the spin three times and I'm out the door sailing down the freeway thinking about god and how he bounces my head around.

xoxox
r

7:42 AM  
Blogger Steph(anie) said...

Hold on tight and row that bitch.

I love every bit of this.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I'm so impressed. I would be huddling under a seat with a lifejacket on. I would be down there with the fishguts and bloody saltwater wondering who was going to bail this bitch OUT!
But maybe that bedroom would make it all okay. Maybe it would.
Y'all are amazing.
Also- that is one of my most favorite renditions of god ever, ever, ever.
Also, also- I can't wait until this baby comes. Oh man. You are done for.

12:44 PM  
Blogger beth coyote said...

Jeezus gawd. I'd hole up in the bedroom and order in. But the babies and the grannies would be making a gawdawful mess somewhere in the house so you'd have to come out eventually. And deal.

2:07 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

I am just utterly and completely undone by you all.



Thank you, beyond measure you lift me up, me and my small boat filled with those I love.


You guys enrich me.


yrs-


tearful

6:10 PM  
Blogger Steph(anie) said...

Where did you get that ensō wall hanging?

2:25 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Steph-


I painted it. I'm pretty sure I copied it out of a book, but, you know, paint a canvas white, paint a big black circle on it in the middle....not too hard.


i really love it, though.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Steph(anie) said...

Very nice!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home