Friday, October 08, 2010

Abandoned Car without Nude


Note: The image I had previously posted here has been removed at the request of the creator of the source material.


I try to contact the artist when I use some part of their artwork in my work, to let them know what I've done, to give them a chance to see it in the context I've put it in, and to give them a chance to say "no thank you" to what I've done.

In this case, the artist does not want me using their work, and I am removing it from this blog and destroying my file of the original piece to comply with the artists' desire.

This is an open offer to anyone who sees something that they believe is their image being used on this site without their permission. Notify me, I will take it down.

End of transmission.





*



It is a bright, sunny, breezy day. The wind chimes are banging around, making a klonky, beautiful sound that mixes with the mad, insistent birdsong that seems to be emanating from every hedge and shrub in both the front and back yards.


The whole fucking world is alive.



*


I think I might have to stop at Dick Blick's in the city when I pick up the Woman on the Verge and get me some more canvases.

I have to learn how to paint. I am not color-blind, exactly, but I'm color ignant. I don't know how to work it. It's like music for me. I can sure appreciate it when it's done right, but I can't make it happen myself.



But I can paint in monochrome. Until I learn.



*



Being off work and just doing art makes me greedy.




*




Also, I think I have ruined the bulldog.





*




*


Namaste.



****

6 Comments:

Blogger Elisabeth said...

Thanks Tearful. I've just been on a fascinating journey through Rosalind Solomon's work. Wow.

Haunting.

4:50 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

She's powerful, no doubt about it.


I'd like to sit down with her for about a hundred hours.


Glad you checked her out.



yrs-


Scott

4:54 PM  
Blogger St. deVille said...

i am kinda a riley dog ho. i always steal his wallet after i visit.

7:14 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Yeah, he's da bomb.


hope you got over your skinny dipping episode.


yrs-


Scott

7:20 PM  
Blogger St. deVille said...

if it were the first or last time i've done that, i might have. but i love me some nighttime nekkid in the sea. i'll do it my whole life. i think that is where god lives, but you can only see him when your in your birthday best. i think i believe that!

5:58 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

I've never felt better anywhere on the planet than being in the sea.

God does live there, for sure.


Keep doin' what you do best!


yrs-


Scott

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home