Monday, August 30, 2010

The Three Heads of Reverdy Johnson




*


Suffering cannot be eliminated.



Nor should it be.



*



I wish to free myself from the bonds I have been forging around my soul. Or, rather, I want to see the bonds as armor.

I wish for five goddamn minutes I'd just shut the fuck up and live.



*


Of course, I live hard. I do. I live like five hundred motherfuckers.



Yes, I am compromised. Flawed. Recalcitrant.



That's fine, though.



I am still a certified bad-ass.




*



I'ma go cook the woman on the verge some seared wild-caught salmon and lime and garlic black beans with a spicy mayo dollop on top.



Eat yr hearts out.



*



Namaste.



*

3 Comments:

Blogger Maggie May said...

eat yer hearts out.

garlic black beans.

bad-ass.

just three great things about this post.

6:42 PM  
Blogger T. said...

I keep thinking of your post a while back with the sentence "I have earned my failures". I think I want that on my gravestone.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Mim said...

Piss and ginger!

I'm glad to hear your voice again,
mim

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home