Monday, February 15, 2010

Solitaire with Scissors




*

The Wild Woman of Borneo wields her wand in a stone room and climbs a ladder that goes nowhere.


Digital photomontage, heartbreak, despair, on cardboard with hair and glue.

twelve inches high by a thousand sleepless nights long.

NFS

*

In "The Wrestler" there is a point near the end of the movie where Mickey Rourke's character, "a used-up piece of meat" is working part time at a deli counter. He's at the end of his rope, and he's slicing some ham for some guy's sandwich, and he hauls back his fist and jams his thumb into the blade of the big meat slicer and that pretty much sums up how I feel right now.

There's just nothing better to do at this point.


He rubs the blood all over his face and then runs through the store scaring the crap out of the 'normal' people doing their Sunday shopping.

*



"I WANT SOMETHING DONE!"

Charles Cheswick


*

In other news, I made some damn good pizza last night.



Here's how:

Turn your oven up to a million. Put a cast iron skillet over a high flame for ten minutes. Take your baseball sized dough ball, and flatten it to the size of a small plate. Drop it into the smoking hot skillet.

Fast as you can, top with carmelized onions, goat cheese, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts.

Throw that bitch in the oven for three minutes until it's charred along the edges.

Eat it fast and burn the roof of your mouth and put out the flames with beer.


*

Repeat X 2.


*

Under the heading "More of The Same,"

I am broken hearted.



*


It is but the human condition.



***

Namaste.


*

8 Comments:

Anonymous Head said...

Love your writing, and your art -- funny, heart-breaking at times, and honest. Good stuff.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

Damn I'm sorry. The art is so moving.

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your work just gets better and better

12:36 AM  
Blogger melissashook said...

Kids, they get you....
mine is living downstairs with her ex, promising that this is the last, the LAST, the last scheme that they will devise and this one only involves raising 15 million dollars. I spent the weekend curled in a ball, but probably only because of a stomach ache that has nothing to do with my life..
They did buy a pizza at Marketbasket yesterday with my money, my car (his got lost, somehow) and I was able to eat 1/2 a piece....
blah and blah and peace to you...Mr. Tears..
(my daughter often says, at least I've never done drugs....which, as you know too painfully, is really true...)

5:03 AM  
Blogger Mim said...

How about an exorcist for the Wild Woman of Borneo?

Your pizza is the best, I'm sure! And you didn't have to buy all that gear--pizza stone for bottom of oven, wooden paddle/peel, etc. Me neither.

That's some art work!

xo
Mim

6:17 AM  
Blogger angela simione said...

i am broken hearted too.

7:21 AM  
Blogger deirdre said...

That picture, that art, those words & that art, & even the pizza, you are something to behold, in and out of misery and heartbreak, you are so alive and loved and strong and I just know that wild woman will be coming round soon. Look how strong you've made her.

8:48 AM  
Blogger T. said...

I told my husband, who has no interest whatsoever in cooking, about your pizza method tonight while drinking mai-tais on the beach in Kaanapali. There was no one else to tell, as I am far from home and friends and family, alas, but I couldn't stand it! I had to talk about it. I am going to try it as soon as I get back home -- this weekend. But first I must pick up a cast-iron pan and season it. I haven't cooked for a week and am perishing for the lack of it.

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home