Friday, February 12, 2010

The Engineer's Dilemma





*

So, I really am taking a college course from GOD. Professor David Christian is Professor of History at San Diego State University. He is making my brain accommodate 13.7 billion years of history, from the Big Bang to the present moment and beyond.

It is the coolest fucking thing in the world.


It's no secret that I am a NOVA junkie, a Frontline junkie, a general PBS crack-fiend, a voracious reader of John McPhee and Jared Diamond and Gould and Dennett and imagine if all of them got together in one wild man's body and you could sit around a campfire under the stars and listen to them explain the deepest mysteries of the universe for forty-eight half-hour long lectures. Not an hour on PBS, not a two-hour movie, not a five-night miniseries, but twenty-four hours of hard-core brain-stuffing bliss.

That Teaching Company is going to get so fucking much of my money.

*

Okay, I gotta go walk the dog now. Then a movie on the sofa with the wife and some ice-cream.


Do I know how to live, or what?



***

Namaste.


*

8 Comments:

Blogger Radish King said...

u r doing it rite.

luv,
r

8:20 PM  
Anonymous nursemyra said...

I enlarged that photo... wow!

1:19 AM  
Blogger melissashook said...

You might like "The Immortal Cells of Henrietta Lacks" ....
now I'll enlarge the photo...
thanks...

4:58 AM  
Blogger Mim said...

You sure do know how to live, dear Tearful!

I recommend, "Time, Love, Memory." Can't remember the author.

Happy St. Valentine's Day from Mim

5:51 AM  
Blogger deirdre said...

Ho-lee

I'm getting jitters just thinking about it.

God educating the Dishwasher.

I think it should be the other way around tho.

ha.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Frenchy Pectoralis said...

dearest step-full

question

regarding "the circ du sole"
below

acknowledging that we "see" ourselves differently than we my be seen -

could you identify the three figurines in LTC who's who === pretty please.

thank you in advance-

FPec

6:21 PM  
Blogger Frenchy Pectoralis said...

that should have been " MAY be Seen"

unfortunate no EDit here.

appologeez


wv - cat-op

6:28 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Hey, all.

thanks for your comments.


i'm not up to more than that right now, but I wanted you to know that I read them and I enjoy them and they mean a lot to me.

so, thanks.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home