Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Crossing




*

Batten down the hatches.





*


Life does what it will. Pema Chodron would call what I'm feeling "groundlessness" and would, I'm sure, urge me to just let myself be in the feeling and not to fight it. And I'm not, I'm not fighting it.





*

It just sucks ass, is all.


*


Fear. How it rises up and swamps our little boats of paper. How it rushes and rolls over us. How we roll ragdoll limp downstream, our mouths full of bitter water, our tears empty in the vast waterlogged world.



*


Ah, yes.


*



I am determined to love this world and all of its particulars. Especially the people in it. And myself. And my family.



We'll man the oars until the ship goes down.




*

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Cohen said...

I hear you. Nothing more profound to say then "I hear you." Maybe that's enough. I know it helps me to know someone else out there struggles with this shit too.

If you get tired, I'll help row.

Best,
lj

7:42 AM  
Blogger LKD said...

Testing

1

2

3

1:34 PM  
Blogger LKD said...

Damn.

Figures my damn test would post.

I tried like hell last night to post a comment and it wouldn't post.

What'd I want to say?

Ummmmm.

Ohhhhhhhmmmmm.

Oh.

Groundlessness.

I need to put that word in my shoe and walk around with it for a while.

Mouth. Shoe or mouth.

Seems like it'd make a great chant, a swell mantra if prounounced really slow and drawn out:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooouuuuuuuundlesssssssssssssssssnessssssssssssssss


The word makes me think of that phrase "the unbearable lightness of being."

Sometimes, I swear, I could just float away.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home