Sunday, October 08, 2006

West-Side Jesus




*
Went to Emily's school yesterday for the second annual "Round-Up." Familys are invited to come for the weekend and camp out. There's music and games and a fund-raising auction.

We watched Emily play volleyball and run around hugging her friends.

The Three Graces in the garden...





*

The school is rustic.


Plain.


Beautiful.



*

We listened to some music in the garden and I kept not being able to tear my eyes off of my daughter.


She's killing me.




*

She took us up to the ceramics studio and showed us her coil-built vase. "Westside Jesus and Satan." The reverse shows the devil throwing gang signs.


*






*

Our kid is an artist.




*


The rest of the weekend is "All Artwork, All The Time."



And vodka martinis.




*




It is great to be alive.







*

2 Comments:

Blogger LKD said...

Of course, she's an artist.

How could she not be an artist?

My god, what a helluva vase.

Your kid has a singular vision, sir.

You must be prouder than proud.

(does she write too?)

8:45 AM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Laurel-

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. And shit yes,
I am proud.

As far as I know, she doesn't write.


Yet.



Thanks, girl. As always, I am in your debt.


-

td

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home