Friday, September 29, 2006

Fay's Bad Day




*

Here comes the weekend.


*

Woot!


*


Political systems rise and fall. Communities, governments, countries, cultures. Like human lives, they have an arc. Like human lives, too, when you are in the middle of it you can't fathom the transient nature of the phenomenon. It's not your fault. You don't know any better.

What you have to do is kind of look around. See the evidence of death and decay all around you. Look into the past, at all those people and cultures and powerful kings and rulers who are no longer with us.




That will be our fate, too.


*



Try to live with that knowledge right there in front of you without blinking. My experiment today is to try to keep the fact of my inescapable death held out in my own two hands. And to observe how that changes my behavior.


*






I think I'll have cookies for breakfast for starters.



*






This morning the monk tells me that I need to pay attention and be open for the possibility that a dead man is going to be coming to me in my dreams. I have unfinished business with him, and if he needs me to do anything the Monk says that he'll appear in my dreams and tell me what I have to do so he can move on to his next rebirth.

Without this unfinished business weighing him down. Trapping him in a bad life.



*


Okay, then.



*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home