Sunday, October 29, 2006

Deer Run



*

Okay, Universe.


I'm listening.


Are You?


*

I hereby announce my wish for you, The Universe, to fulfill:


Please make Deer Run ours.




*


Okay, okay, I know how it goes. I know you don't just throw it into our hands willy-nilly. You are more subtle and coy than that. But do that thing you do. Crack open a door. Make someone I shake hands with in the doorway be somehow connected to me in a strange and surprising way, a way that nudges the door open a little bit more. Give me dreams that are vivid and disturbing and compelling, dreams in which you have hidden a clue on a scrap of paper that I find in my pocket when I am changing my pants as I fall down the side of a mountain. On the other side of the world, make that little butterfly flap its wings in a spot of warm sunshine so that the mechanisim of fulfilling our desire can be fueled. Make my fingertips itch. Conspire with us, put a little grease there where the big gears bind so that when we throw our weight against them, there is some give, a little shudder.




*


All my life you have been making my dreams come true.


*


I'll keep my eyes and ears open.



*


And thanks.



Thanks for all of it.




*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm working on it...


love,

The Universe

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wish you luck, dreamer

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home