Saturday, October 28, 2006

Betty and Margaret Confront The End




*

I stole this piece. The whole thing, except for the ladies( and the grunge, etc.), is a piece of jewelry made by Daniel Jocz, a ring he called "The Muse Leaving The City", which he made in 1991.

*

It is an incredible piece, and all the stranger for its prescient imagery.


Which I appropriated because I was so drawn to it. I wasn't trying to improve on it, I just felt compelled to try to inhabit it for a little while.


*

Yesterday was so fucking fun.


*

Snitches, wires, running surveillance, big adrenaline rush take-down in the Home Depot parking lot with shotguns pointed and everybody screaming and bad guys in cuffs wondering what the fuck just happened to them. Then into the box for the dance, and serving a search warrant on, I shit you not, a house full of little people.

*

You should have been there.


*

The little people yelling and gesticulating and running around, the big cops in raid gear chasing them around, towering over them, yelling back or trying to calm them down...


I ask my partner, "Hey, where's David Lynch? He in the back bedroom, or what?"

He goes, "After this, lets go to the diner and have a cup of joe and a slice of delicious apple pie."

Then a little person rides past us on a tricycle, laughing like a maniac.




*

Some shit, you can't make it up.


*

I came home, I couldn't get the grin off my face for hours.


*


I hope your weekend is as much fun!





*

2 Comments:

Blogger Jewel said...

omg

think i'll be smiling all day too after reading this.

thanks,
jewel

9:32 AM  
Blogger LKD said...

Wasn't it cherry?

Not your weekend.

Sigh.

The pie.

The delicious slice of pie.

I've got an apple tulip. Want some? It's just fancy schmancy apple pie. Lighter pastry crust, all latticed and shit. Chock full of apple yum.

Pomme.

Want some?

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home