Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Beach Skull




*


Things are good.



*




I just got no way of getting right in my own head.






*


I can't hardly sleep. Then I'm tired all day.

My head bone's broke.





*



I love things like Carl Sagan's Cosmos. A reassuring, off-beat voice describing all of creation to me in a way that seems to make almost perfect sense. I love the show Nature. I love to watch television like Frontline and Nova.


"Here's the world..." they say. "Look at all of this wonderful stuff....


*

It's enough to make you get off the chair and drop the noose for a second, just to see the world in that way.

I get the same feeling from reading Richard Siken's blog. I would make a link to it here, but I don't know how, so just go over there to your right, it's called "Aye, Wobot."

The guy's a fucking nut-job.


*

I'm loving reading Kay's blog, too, "Una Maccia."

I'm right there with you, sister.

Sister Vex.

*

And Rebecca. Always. I read her, the world comes into focus again. All jangly and wangly and electrified and smelling strange and oddly comforting that way.

*

The Human Museum.


What the fuck is going on there?
I don't know. But I know I like it.


*

I'm not going to list all of you. I'm too lazy. But goddamn if you don't make this world bearable. You light up its edges and the hot crazy center of it. In a world full of robot-brained boring empty shells pretending to be people, seeing evidence of real creativity and insanity and warmth and love and love and more love is enough to make it all worthwhile.


Or most of it, anyway.


*


I came this close to deleting the blog today. I think my wires are all crossed up or something. Those wasps are eating away at my beautiful pear.

I just know it.



*

My wife is my salvation. My wife is my salvation. My wife is my salvation. What kind of luck must I have to have found her and kept her all this time? Like the odds of life developing from some primordial swamp and four billion years later wanting to buy itself something nice at Old Navy.



*

Okay, so right now I'm sending out good, good, good vibes to you.


In your hour of need.

In the dark corner of your soul I'm lighting a candle for you.

I'm holding your hand as we leap out the window together.



*

7 Comments:

Blogger jz said...

Scott,

your unabashed love for your wife put most husbands to shame...

I want to take my wife to SF for our next anniversary -- our 23rd...hope you can tell me some cool things to do there...

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for saying this so much.

also, i think the way you love your wife is one of the best things on this whole earth.

and don't delete this blog. period.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(also, i found your blog because of rebecca's blog and your wife's blog because of yours. the ones you mention today look really good. so, even if you think your brain is broke, it's speaking well to me. this is why the no-delete!)

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"But goddamn if you don't make this world bearable. You light up its edges and the hot crazy center of it."

Delurking to say: as do you; and thank you.

4:12 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Hey, everybody!


Thanks so much for the comments. It's good to have good people on the other end of the tin-can/string contraption.

Less lonesome that way.


Jim, CITY LIGHTS is a must see. North Beach as a whole you'll love. Any of the many little italian restaurants are great and you can't go wrong with them. Cafe Triste is the best place to hang out and write and drink coffee.
SF MoMa is worth the admission price, and they have a good cafeteria, too. We loved the DeYoung museum in the park. If the Gee's Bend quilts are still there take them in.

E-mail me if you want more specifics.

You guys will LOVE it!

Jane Doe - my threat to delete this blog is an empty one. I love it too bad. I just get kind of an itchy trigger finger sometimes and a big dose of bloggers remorse and I kinda cringe at myself.

But it passes.

So no worries there.


I love your blog. I thrive on a no-bullshit take on life, warts and all, and, I don't know, there's just something about your voice, the way you see the world, that makes me feel better about being alive.


Lurker-

yr welcome. and thanks right back to ya.


my word verification?

fboagu...


That's fucking cool.

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy bday?

ah brotherman
its only waves.

hugs

lynze

7:01 PM  
Blogger jz said...

all of your suggestions sound great -- I'll email as the time gets a little closer. it's hard for me to think beyond a week from today --

my word for the day -- aqcccck...

actually my words for the day -- butternut squash -- i love saying that. even when i just say it inside my head, it makes me smile (inside my head)

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home