Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Headstrong Vs. Headstrong

Image hosting by Photobucket


This is Yolie and Lucy on our last East/West Ranch walkabout. The Taurus has decided that the Bulldog must obey. The Bulldog is dubious about this new state of affairs, to say the least. But as headstrong and willful as that Lucy is, my money is on the taller one.

I'll keep you posted.

*

My wife had been on a bulldog tear for about five years, just freakin' obsessed with them. Their schrunchy faces, their wide-legged stance- it drove her crazy. But they cost about as much as a small house in North Dakota, so it was never really REALLY gonna happen.

Then last summer, it did. Just like that, so fast we didn't have time to think about it. Or I didn't. I dunno, it's all kinda hazy now...we were at a gas station, there was a picture of the puppies on the window, the breeder was nearby (okay, a half-hour drive into the middle of nowhere, but, hey...) we went out to take a look, we drove home (another hour), we got into the house and sat down, got up, drove back out, grabbed the dog, drove home, and I lost my wife.

I mean it.

She loves this damn dog so bad it makes her teeth hurt.

It is the single best thing I could ever, ever, ever have done for her.

How can you put a price on love?


*

By the way, love, love, love, love, love to you all.

May you be happy.
May you have peace.
May you be free from suffering.
May all your wishes be granted.


*

5 Comments:

Blogger vicci said...

thank you...thank you....thank you...what a nice thing to read on such a perfect day!!! And...right back at ya!!!! Speaking of LOVE...your blog is...sad...happy...real..wonderful...open...honest..creative..artistic..and one of my very favorites!

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:24 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Vicci-

Well ain't you sweet.



Jim-

uhm...you know, I wasn't going to blame you for that puddle on the floor...

hope you are good.



yrs-


Scott

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a dog. Or a bird. Will you explain to LoveShack how very, very good it would be for me to have one, or both?

9:24 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Lynn-

How about a nice birddog?

Seriously, though, I have to say that having a dog is not optional in my life. They bring all that unconditional love and acceptance that makes even the worst times much, much more bearable, and the wonderful times absolutely shine with love.

Get thee to a good breeder of some sweet doggie breed. LoveShack could never deny you that. Unless he's allergic.

I don't know birds except for finches, who have the sweetest, most heartbreaking little chirpy voices and are a cute as anything I've ever seen.

May your wish be granted.


yrs-

Scott

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home