Sunday, February 05, 2006

Punch List

Image hosting by Photobucket


In a beautiful routine here lately. I go to work, which is right now mindless and easy, then I come home and hang out with my perfect wife and our flawed dogs. Do artwork, watch movies on the sofa, go for long walks in the woods or on the beach, once a week go into town for shopping, eat at the Natural Cafe, go to the bookstores. Hit the gym a few times a week, yoga class, the library...

Happy. Stable. Calm. Like the river, after it has run down the mountainside and it stretches out onto the flatlands, how it slows down, gets all curvy and mellow...it's still going to the sea, it's still doing its thing, it just isn't in a big hurry right now.

I'll take it. Nice deep breath.


Thank you, whoever you are. I am humbled and grateful.

Please don't smash me with a rock or anything.



I mean, if that's okay with you.



*

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really shouldn't hit the gym. What did it do to deserve such treatment?

The pace of your days and the ways in which you choose to fill them sounds wonderful. I am jealous.

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome.

What goes around comes around. Or is that what comes around goes around? Regardless, you need not fear being smashed by a rock.

If it is true, and it is, that what you do comes back to you, then Scott, you should be bowled over by only kindness and generosity and goodness.

I'd sign this "god" but I'm just a stand in. As are we all.

10:15 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Lynn-

I was sorry to read about your rough week. I'm sending positive vibes your way in the hopes that they'll lighten the burden somewhat.

As much as I love and am grateful for the good, easy times, I know I need the other stuff just as much. It's hard. I think it is hardest to see others going through them. Okay, not hardest, exactly. But still. Did you read about those "mirror neurons" in the NYT last week? We've got a bazillion of these hard-wired, dedicated neurons whose job it is to fire when we do a certain thing, or even just think about doing it, or watch someone else do it. So when we see others suffer, it is biochemically equivalent to us experiencing the same thing.

The buddhists urge us to develop a big-time compassion for all sentient beings. If we get big enough compassion, we find it harder to screw each other over.

That's got to be a step in the right direction.


Anyway, thanks for stopping in and I hope this week is much, much better for you.




Anonymous-

Your words made my day. Like a sweet, warm wind through my soul.


Thanks, God.


I mean it.



yrs-


the grateful dishwasher

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home