Sunday, May 29, 2011

Easy Bake Gas Chamber Mishap






*





portrait of every living soul.





*



Instead of suicide I am cooking. Caramelized French Toast with bacon and fried eggs for breakfast.  Paella last night, with cod and squid and argentine red shrimp and andouille sausages and vialone nano rice. Saffron. Garlic. Rosemary. Crusty bread dipped in olive oil infused with red peppers, garlic, and more rosemary.

Garlic Aliolli to spoon on top.

A bottle of Ripasso to go with.


Got up this morning and grilled a couple of the left-over andouille sausages and fried some eggs and made some toast and ate that with a pot of strong coffee. Then I started on the baby back ribs and tri-tip and the baked beans. Ribs marinated in Kahlua then rubbed with spices and braised in the oven, low and slow, to be finished on the grill later. Tri-tip dry-rubbed with salt and pepper and garlic, resting on the counter for a few hours before it goes on the grill as well. The beans bubbling away, filling the whole house with the smell of garlic and molasses and ketchup and barbeque sauce and bacon. I'm going to drink beer and barbeque and eat leftover paella and I won't stop until it's dark and i'm stupefied with liquor and food that was made with love and tenderness and passion and as a direct fuck you to the forces of death and loss and stupidity, forces which lie, not outside of me, but within.


It is a battle to the death.


*


I will feed the woman well, if I can do nothing else.




***


Namaste.



***

12 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Peace. I'm just too afraid to say anything more than that.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Keep cooking. May the dark forces abate and leave you be. May the tenderness and love set you free.
Thanks for posting. You and yours have been in my thoughts.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Hi!
love,
Rebecca

1:25 PM  
Blogger Mim said...

Here's to life!

Cheers!

Slainte!

Yours for savoring . . .

1:33 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

I think that is a very good plan. I am on the other coast cooking too. It is better than suicide by a universe.

I think maybe i've missed you like that girl misses air. She is so undefended. Sometimes cooking for and with someone you love is the only defense.

Love,
Angella

2:39 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm drowning -- or treading water -- in cake, myself.

Peace to you back.

8:51 PM  
Blogger T. said...

Yes. And again.

9:13 PM  
Blogger deirdre said...

YUM - can I marry you and Yolie?
I'll bring the venison and Mr TH.
heh.
xo

1:43 AM  
Blogger Petit fleur said...

Feel better.
Peace,
pf

4:11 AM  
Blogger Marylinn Kelly said...

Cooking feels to me like alchemy that we can master, to change one substance into another gives us a way to be other than as we are. Peace, yes.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you almost make me want to cook.



(=

12:55 PM  
Blogger Judy Wise said...

tears sprung to my eyes. you say what is inside me too.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home